Chapter 34 The Gap

Comincia dall'inizio

"Right."

~A few minutes later~
Homura was seen slowly opening his eyes. When he was looking around, he saw that he was in a bed. As he looked to the side, he saw Basil in another bed covered in bandages. Suddenly Homura jumped out of bed.

"Where am I?! What's going on?! What happened to that long-haired guy?!"

"You were soundly defeated, Homura. Not only that, he managed to get the remaining Vongola Rings. Now shut up already!"

Just as Homura got out of bed, he was immediately kicked back into it by Reborn

Just as Homura got out of bed, he was immediately kicked back into it by Reborn. As Homura felt his head aching in pain, two thoughts occured to him at the moment.

"Reborn, why didn't you help?"

"I couldn't help. He was a member of Vongola so I couldn't get involved."

"EH!!!!!!!!! That guy was a member of Vongola!!!!!!!!! Why was a member of Vongola trying to kill me?!"

"That man was part of Varia, an independent assassination squad under the Vongola Famiglia. Homura, do you know just how precious that ring around your neck is?"

When Reborn asked Homura that question, the boy looked downwards to look at the ring. It had a lot of sentimental value to him, but was it really worth a large sum of money.

"What you and a few of your guardians have are known as the Vongola rings. You could say having them all together is a right of passage for you to become the boss of Vongola."

"How many are there in total?"

"Storm, Rain, Lightning, Cloud, Mist, Sun, and finally the one that encompasses all, Sky. There are 7 Vongola Rings in total. On our end, we have 4 of them in our possession. The Sky, Storm, Rain, and Sun Vongola Rings. If that box actually contained the rest the rest they would've gotten all of them."

"You got that right, Reborn."

Homura and Reborn turned around as they saw Dino. Soon Dino smirked as he held a box in his hands. Homura's eyes widen in shock with what he saw. Three. He saw three rings dwelling within the box.

"It can't be, Dino, are those-"

"You got it, Homura. The Mist, Cloud, and Lightning Rings."

As Homura looked at the rings, Reborn quickly jumped in the air and got the box from Dino

As Homura looked at the rings, Reborn quickly jumped in the air and got the box from Dino. Soon Reborn began to walk away as he was now proceeding to go along to the next phase of the plan he had devised.

"The rings that Squallo person had were fakes in case something like this happened. However, with how authentic they appear, it might take them a week or so to find out they're fake. While I hold on to the rings for your guardians who haven't received them yet, i'll leave your training to him."

Without saying anything else to Homura, Reborn began to leave the hospital room. As he did, he saw a single person walking towards Homura's room. Soon Reborn said one thing to the man in charge of Homura's training.

"I am his tutor, however, I think he won't grow as much this time with a tutor. That's why he'll need you. He'll need his father this time."

"Hmph. I know, that's why I'll help it burn brighter. His will of fire."

"I'm counting on you, Hibachi."