The date

It was a night like every other in Madrid, it was already dark outside, but Sergio Marquina still sat in his office. He was a hard-working man, trying to make his business work. You can say about him that he was even a workaholic because he always came to work earlier than others and always stayed longer. It was a long time after the last employees left to enjoy this Friday night, but he still sat there, busy with all his work. Since his father died, he didn't know why to stay at home, why not to work. He lost his mother when he was just a child and since then he didn't really care for any woman. He was a lonely man married to his work.

Suddenly someone knocked on the door. "Come in," he said and didn't even bother to look upon the door. The door opened and a tall dark-haired man walked in.

"Hermanito!" He started with joy, it was Andrés, Sergio's brother. When Sergio heard the familiar voice of his brother, he finally looked at him.

"Hi," he said and looked back on his work.

"Pack your things, we are going out." Andrés accounted and Sergio looked at him like 'seriously?'

"No," Sergio quickly answered and went back to his work.

"Oh come on, you won't work on Friday, will you? You can't, it's freaking Friday night." Andrés said and sat at his table.

"I can and I will," Sergio didn't even bother to look at his brother anymore, he just continued filling up the paperwork which he had there since the morning.

"Hermanito, just one drink, please, do it for your brother." Andrés tried to please Sergio, but it was for nothing.

"No." Sergio finally looked at him.

"Please, I have a date." Andrés looked deeply into his eyes. He was the only person which could do anything with his stubborn brother.

"You have a date? Then why do you need me there?" Sergio asked confused about what his brother really wants.

"My friend set me up with her friend, it's a group of friends, you will like them." Andrés continued trying to convince Sergio to go.

"Fine, but only for you," Sergio finally agreed and Andrés cheered.

"It will be a great evening and maybe you will meet a girl for yourself, too." He winked at him. He was sure that Sergio will find himself a girl, too. 

*Meanwhile*

"What should I wear? These or these?" Raquel asked in a hurry. She was getting ready for her date, which her friend Silene, set up for her.

"I like the red one, here, it would look good on you." Her best friend Monica tried to help her.

"Whatever you will wear I'm sure he will like it," Agáta said, she always says something like this, something which makes Raquel feel much better.

"Thanks," Raquel said and smiled at her. Then she went to change. She was trying everything on, but it wasn't the best. She was doubting herself for a while since the big breakup with her abusive boyfriend, she wasn't sure of anything. How many times she saw a handsome man on the street, but didn't have the courage to talk to him. This was her only last chance. She never thought she would agree to set up, but what could she do. She was scared to talk to men.

She was trying on more outfits, but then she tried the red one, which Monica suggested. Wow, just ran through her head, she's never thought she would look this beautiful in it, honestly, she's never thought she will look beautiful at all, Monica was right, this dress really fits her. She stood there looking into the mirror. This will be her first date after she broke up with him and she was really scared. "Am I really ready to go on a date after what he's done to me?! She thought. She wasn't that sure about it, but it was worth a try.