Chapter 18: Please don't get hurt

Start from the beginning

I felt a tap on my shoulder, and looked up, it was Curtis. "What is it?" I asked

"I heard Ceil didn't give you a ticket to go to the tournament, so here." He handed me a small piece of paper.

I slightly smiled and said, "thank you."

Curtis rushed to the stadium to warm up, and I slowly made my way to it too.

The stadium was not large, but also not small. There were plenty enough seats, and since this is just a tournament for one class, there was still a lot of seats left vacant. I scanned around the stadium, looking for a seat, when I saw a man I recognised waving his hand, signalling to come to him.

That man was the king. I froze for a good second, I mean anyone would if the king suddenly ushered you to come to him.

I slowly walked over to him, he smiled at me, "Sit down, we're not strangers." I nodded and sat down. It's true, I've met him a few times, when Ceil came to visit, but one would be insane to say they are close with the king.

My stress eased as the king made small talk, it doesn't look like he's there for appearances, only to see Ceil.

"I asked Ceil if you were coming to watch and he said no, so how come you are here?" He asked.

"Oh, one of his friends gave me a ticket. I don't really know why didn't want me to be here."

"Haha. That kid is probably embarrassed to lose." He said.

"Isn't Ceil good at sword fighting?" I asked. It was obvious that he had a really good chance at winning.

The king just chuckled and turn to the stage. The tournament was just about to start.

The contestants all went out to the stadium. I scanned around the stadium, and finally found Ceil. He also looked around the stadium, trying to find his father, probably. He found him in the crowd, but right next to him was me. I smiled at his gaze, hoping he isn't mad.

He seemed to immediately know what had happened and shot Curtis a deathly stare. I chucked.

"It seems you are still very good friends." The king said next to me.

"Yes, he is very kind to me." Well, Ceil is kind to everyone.

The professor of the sword fighting class revealed the tournament chart, I couldn't really see it from that far away.

———————————————————————-

Ceil was right, it was kind of boring. I watched a few matches with interest. The one's with Curtis and Myles. Then there was William. I haven't met him yet. Every single capture target I've met, didn't seem so annoying in real life, I guess that's the biggest difference in a game and real life.

One of Ceil's matches came on, and I immediately leaned over in anticipation.

Ceil went on to middle of the stadium, opposite of him seemed to be a normal student, didn't look that threatening.

The match started and in a second, Ceil's sword flashed with his opponents, the opponents sword flew out of his hand and Ceil had the blade against his neck.