A New Identity- #Part 3

A new identity

The room brightened as the sunrays entered, shining its light upon it. The rays kissed a man lying on the bed with his eyes closed and a few tubes piercing his hands, joining to a machine, kept near him. A young woman entered his room, she slowly walked up to him and sat beside him on the bed. She took his hand in hers and clutched it tight while a few tears dropped down her face.

"It's been 6 months Bhai! (sobs) Nor there's any information about Riddhima and not are you waking up. Please Bhai. I woke up just a week back and I find the first person I wanted to see is in the same state as I was in."

She was Siya, Vansh's little sister. After Anupriya had injected her, she had slipped in to coma, unfortunately before being able to tell everyone Riddhima's truth and her innocence. She was the prime witness of the entire matter after all she was the closest to Riddhima, maybe even more closer than Vansh had been with Riddhima. From their first meet they had connected with each other comfortably, as if a heart to heart connection.

Vansh, after the accident, had slipped in to coma.

Flashback

The doctor arrived after treating Vansh, he had a straight face on which everyone turned serious and anxious. He informed that he had slipped in to coma, he wasn't in a serious condition so it wouldn't take him a long time to overcome. With the continuous treatment he would soon recover out of comatose. Helpless, the family members went home while Angre arranged all the treatment facilities in VR mansion so that they could shift Vansh back home.

As he was shifted, he was treated by one of the best doctors, who had assured them of his recovery soon. The business, house and the entire VR Empire was now on Angre's shoulders after all he was the most trusted man of Vansh.

Flashback ends

When Siya woke up she informed the family of Riddhima's truth, how she protected the family in place of Vansh and how she almost sacrificed her own self in order to save them all from Anupriya. The family, dejected and guilty told her about the accident that took place in both their lives, shaking their relationship and bringing it down to pieces. They told her about Vansh's condition and when she asked about Riddhima, they had no answer.

It had been 6 months but still there was nothing related to Riddhima found. It was as if she disappeared into the thin air or perhaps she was in a better place, away from all the toxicity and hate that she received from the Rai Singhania family.

On the other hand, a young, beautiful girl was on her pink bicycle, riding her way to her house. Her hair was tied into a messy ponytail while her hazel eyes had a glint of excitement and happiness. She pedaled harder and faster in the cold to her house, a simple and homely apartment in the beautiful city of Manali. She stalled her bike and quickly took her purse that was in the basket in front of the bike. She ran towards the entrance and a lady warmly welcomed her.

She hugged the lady in excitement and twirled around with her.

"Drishti!! Stop now....what happened? Why are you so happy?"

Drishti: Kritu!!! You don't know what your food has done today!! (screamed in happiness) It got you a bonus of 10,000 Rupees!! Your hands truly have magic!

Kritika: Seriously!! (happy) Saurabh!!

Saurabh left his work and came to the two ladies.

Saurabh: What happened?

Kritika: bonus of 10,000 Rupees!!

Saurabh: Really! Wow (hugging her) Drishti not bad huh?

Drishti: Of course jiju, after all I'm your wife's sister! Kritu, I'll come right away, I need to go to change.

Drishti ran to her room while Kritika and Saurabh looked at her happy and free figure leave them alone. They both looked at each other and Saurabh side-hugged Kritika, gently.

Saurabh: Your decision wasn't wrong Kritika! She's indeed an angel for us. If that day you never suggested of taking her in our shelter then we wouldn't have had the happiness we are having right now. This house finally got its life.

Kritika: Saurabh, even if we didn't know her I felt a connection with her. Lots of things changed that day; her face, her memory, our lives, our relation, our love.

Flashback

The doctor exited the operation theatre to answer the curious and worried, Kritika and Saurabh. He stepped outside and explained to them how there are strong chances of Riddhima to lose her memory due to the high fall. Her plastic surgery was successful, her face wasn't completely changed but slightly modified however she was no more like Riddhima.

After a few critical hours for Riddhima, she got conscious. The doctor along with Kritika and Saurabh stayed beside her till she was in a state to talk to them. As they feared, she had forgotten her memory. She herself didn't know about her own existence, she remembered nothing related to her past nor her present. It was like as if she was lost in a harsh storm, lost every possession of hers, lost herself however at every point of darkness there is some light. Kritika and Saurabh were the light sent by God.

Not being able to recognize her own self and her surroundings and seeing the few bandages on her face she got hyper.

Riddhima: Why am I here? And who am I? These bandages on my face? (anxious)

Doctor: Relax dear, you know all of us, don't need to be afraid of us.

Riddhima: (innocently) I know you? Then why can't I remember you?

Doctor: It's because (taking a deep breathe) you met with an accident but don't worry, you're fine.

Riddhima: Who are they? (pointing to Saurabh and Kritika)

Kritika knew this question was soon going to come, they actually never had any relation between them, and so what would they call it? Her saviors or strangers? Kritika smiled and gave her a reply, a place in her new world, as Kritika's sister.

Kritika: My sister, you're my sister, Drishti, my third eye that'll see the bright future that you have in your destiny. (smiling)

Riddhima: Sister? (slowly smiling) you know me, I'm your family?

Kritika: Yea, you're my sister Drishti. (hugged her slightly) And he is your jiju, my husband. (pointing to Saurabh)

Saurabh supported Kritika with her decision and completed all her formalities. As soon as she got much better they started bonding better, she got comfortable with them and her new lifestyle. An accident had changed the entire course of her life; from an orphan to a part of a family, from a wife to a sister, from Riddhima Vansh Rai Singhania to Drishti Kritika Sehgal.

Flashback ends

Saurabh: (laughing) She's such a joyful girl now....I'm sure that before she faced the accident she must have been a different girl than what she's now.

Kritika: It wasn't fair for her (sad)

Saurabh: Come on Kritika! Cheer up. And now see her extraordinary ideas are helping your tiffin business to grow.

Kritika: Hmm, may she never experience any sorrow.

Little did they know what she would have gone through if the accident hadn't have taken place. Her identity would have been snatched by her own love, shattering her in to pieces. "Whatever happens, happens for its best!" The accident had saved her from an emotional breakdown and dejection but put both the lives into different situations.

In VR Mansion, Siya held Vansh's hand tightly and murmured "Riddhima". The name had magic, she felt movement on her hand and she started her story. She needed to tell him no matter what, nothing could stop her today.

Precap:

Glimpses of the past

I hope you enjoyed reading this, please do vote for it and I'll post the next part soon. 

~Parita