Dont be Weird

Kenny jumped awake as the front door slammed. He watched as Toni locked it and waited for her to turn around.

She looked at Kenny and then immediately looked at the floor.

"I thought you were gonna call me after practice. What happened? Did you walk?"

"No I got my friend Kimmy to drop me off." Toni said looking around the room to avoid eye contact.

Kenny knew what she was doing and sighed.

"Tone, I thought we agreed to not make what happened earlier any more awkward than it has to be."

"I'm sorry it's just that I wasn't expecting to see....all of that at 8 in the morning." Toni said as she finally looked up at him.

Kenny laughed under his breath causing Toni to frown.

"I'm sorry, I just don't want this to be something that prevents us from making progress. Truth is your a pretty cool kid and I want you to be able to be comfortable with me."

Toni tried to hide the smile that crept up on her face. He actually cared about her feelings. She was still guarded but she could see them having a true genuine and healthy relationship. He wasn't like her previous stepdads and that put her at ease.

"Hello. Earth to Toni." Kenny said snapping Toni out of her thoughts.

"I agree with you. Let's just act like it never happened." Toni finally said.

"Ok cool. By the way your mom is working late tonight so we gotta fend for ourselves. How about we go out to eat?"

"Sure that sounds good. Umm I'm gonna go shower I'm all sweaty from practice." Toni said pointing to herself.

"Ok thanks for letting me know." Kenny joked

"Haha very funny." Toni said as she shifted her bag on her shoulder as she walked towards the stairs.

Kenny watched as she walked up the stairs. He noticed he was staring for too long and finally looked away. He grabbed the remote and turned on the game as he waited for Toni to come back down.

****Im back. This is just a little filler chapter. Also go check out my other book All of the Good Things!!****