Awkward Encounter

Toni hit her alarm as it went off beside her bed. It was the weekend but she had an early morning practice.

She rubbed her eyes as she walked toward her bathroom. She turned the knob on her shower and waited for the water to fall.

"What the hell?" Toni said as she realized that no water was coming out. "Ugh!" She made her way to the kitchen where her mother was getting ready to leave.

"Mom, my shower is broken. Can I use yours until we can get a repair man to fix it?"

"Sure sweetie. Oh and Kenny's gonna take you to practice today. I have a meeting and I can't be late." Her mom grabbed her keys and gave Toni a kiss on the head.

"Love you, see you tonight." Toni watched as Liz headed out the door.

She sighed and made her way toward her mother's room. She knocked at the door and got no answer.

"Ken?" She didn't receive an answer so she made her way into the room towards the bathroom.

She turned on the shower and stepped in.

Meanwhile Kenny had just finished the last rep of his workout. He set the barbells back on the rack and headed towards the bedroom.

He had headphones in so he didn't hear the shower running. He walking into the closet and stripped out of his clothes and took his AirPods out.

Toni had just turned the shower off and stepped out to dry off her body. She wrapped her towel around her when she opened the door she was met with Kenny's tall frame.

"Oh my god. I thought you were still working out. My shower went out and mom said I could use yours." Toni looked down and realized he was naked and jumped. "Umm you know what I'm gonna head to my room." She slipped past him and jetted out of the room.

Kenny didn't know what to say. He was stuck and in a state of shock. "Wait, Ton-!" Was all he could get out.

He sighed and ran his hand down his face before going into the bathroom to shower.

Thirty minutes later Kenny knocked on Toni's room door.

"Come in." Toni said

"Hey, I'm sorry about earlier. I didn't know you were in there." Kenny said as he rubbed the back of his neck.

" It's fine." Toni said not making eye contact. She was avoiding him by throwing stuff into her cheer bag so they could go.

"I hope this doesn't make things awkward."

"No your fine, it was an accident. Besides it's not like I've never seen a naked man before." She said mumbling that last part.

"Umm Ok. Well I'll be downstairs whenever you're ready." He wasn't sure if he heard her right so he just decided to go wait for her downstairs.

Toni came down and they headed to practice. The car ride was silent and awkward.

"Just text me when you're done." Kenny said as she got out

"Yea." Toni said still not making eye contact.

Kenny hoped this didn't ruin their relationship. He knew she was a guarded kid and actually enjoyed their budding friendship. She didn't seem like a kid to him. She was so mature. Even more mature than some of the women he had dated in his life.

He realized he was still staring at her walk away while he was thinking and snapped out of it. He made his way back home and decided to watch Tv until Toni called.