6. Paul McCartney (And kind of John?)

(Finally! A new update!)

The warm brushes of his fingers that he left against your skin made you shiver. 

How he sometimes leaned over and whispered flirtatious things in your ear. 

And you knew he felt the same way when you hugged him softly, or when you snuck away from everyone else to give each other kisses. 

So, it definitely caught Paul off-guard when he saw that John was proposing to you. Right here in the studio with everyone around. 

You felt bad, because John was looking at you for a response, but you were instead looking at Paul, who seemed very hurt. 

You had promised him that you would tell John about your secret affair with each other, but instead, not only did you wait too long, but here he was, watching his best mate propose to you. 

You see, it was never intended for this to happen. You and John were quite inseparable when you first met him. But the longer you stayed with the boys and your relationships with them grew, there was an undeniable romantic vibe between you two that no one else seemed to pick up on apparently. 

"Well? What do ye say?" John asked again. 

You panicked a bit, rubbing your hands together nervously. "I-"

"Answer the man, now. Ye shouldn't leave him hangin'." Paul intervened, and when you looked at him again, his expression was unreadable. You didn't know if he wanted you to just blurt out what has been going on between you two, or if you should just accept because he was angry and done with you. 

This was it. The moment of truth. 

Paul or John. 

Either way, someone was going to end up hurt. 

"Is something wrong?" John asked, and now everyone in the studio's attention was on you. 

"I-"

-FLASHBACK-

"When are ye goin to tell 'im?" Paul asked, pulling your naked body closer to his and pulling the sheets over the both of you. 

"Soon. I promise." You mumbled, your eyes already closing a bit; your body ready to slow down and rest. 

"I'm tired of seeing you pretend to be 'appy with him, when all I want is ye. It 'urts me, y'know." His words somehow managed to wake you up a bit. There was no escaping this conversation this time. 

"I know, Paul. Just give me some time. This isn't something I can just blurt out on a random day at a random time. I just have to find the right time to tell him." 

Paul looked at you, and placed his finger under your chin, tilting it so you could look at him. 

"Promise me that ye'll choose me. Because I want ye. More than ye could ever know. And I hate what we're doin to poor Johnny, but my gosh, is it hard to keep my eyes and hands off of ye." His hands began to travel towards your waist, pulling you on top of him. 

"I know. I like you, too. And I love being with you. But I've been with John for so long. I don't want to hurt him. And even though he's going to end up being hrt regardless, I just don't think I'd be able to see him so sad." 

"That's going to happen no matter what. But the longer we wait, the worse it will be." 

"I know." You leaned your forehead against his and pecked his lips softly. 

"I'll do it soon." You mumbled, before Paul pulled you closer to his body, wrapping his arms tightly around your waist. 

"I love you." He said against your ear, and the words sent shivers throughout your body. 

"I love you too, Paul." And suddenly his energy was restored from the last session, and he was ready to take you again. 

-END OF FLASHBACK-

"Well?" John asked once again, becoming visibly more irritated at the fact that you've hesitated for so long. 

"She can't marry ye, John." Paul blurted, which, once again, caught everyone off guard. 

"Paul..." You grumbled, turning to look at him. 

"No, Y/N. He has to know." 

"I 'ave to know what?" John asked, completely stunned that there were secrets being had behind his back. 

"I told you I would wait." You said lowly, through gritted teeth. 

"Wait for what?" 

"Y/N, it's time." 

"Would someone please tell me what the two of ye are goin on about?" John said.

"Y/N and I have been going out behind yer back." 

The studio went silent for a couple of seconds. Everyone's jaw had dropped. 

Ringo's eyes were wide open by the news, and George's eyebrows were raised in shock as he put out his cigarette.

"WHAT THE F*CK?" John yelled. He got up, looking at you with complete disgust, then towards his bandmate. 

"What in the actual fuck?" He repeated, before going to Paul and punching him in the face. 

He looked at you, not with anger, but with pure sadness. "Y/N, why would you do this to me? I did my very best to make ye 'appy, and this is what I get?" He huffed angrily. 

"Fuck you, Y/N. Fuck you, Paul. Fuck this group and fuck this album. I'm fucking done." He stormed out the studio, some of the producers and engineers running after him to no avail. 

You quickly went to Paul, helping him up. "Are you okay?" 

He groaned, placing his hand on the place where John's fist made contact with his face. 

"Come on." You took him out to get some ice for his injury. 

As you held it against his face, you began to tear up. 

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean for this to happen this way." 

"I don't think you should be apologizing to me. We both owe John a huge apology." 

"Yeah, but he disappeared. We'll find him later. Let's just try to get the swelling down and fix the bruising."

Paul chuckled softly. "Even though I'm in a shit ton of pain and we've managed to hurt John in the process, I'm still somewhat happy about what happened."

"What? Why?"

"We can now be together without sneaking around or hiding anymore." 

"Yeah, but I think we should give it some time before we go out holding hands and stuff. At least until everyone settles down about it." 

"But I meant what I said to you a few weeks back. I love you. I really do." 

"And I meant it when I said that I love you too." You smiled, and placed a kiss on his lips, before Paul pulled you closer and deepened the kiss. 

THE END