horrendous mindset

Start from the beginning

I nodd before starting to walk down the pathway towards the pavement.

"Lou?"

"Yes." I spin round, towards him. I haven't gotten so far from where we were just standing.

"I've enjoyed this time together, we should do it again but...for longer?"

"How much longer?"

"I'm not sure, like a whole day?"

"A whole day?!?! That's so long!" I say sarcastically.

He scoffs, "I don't know. Just, come by and visit sometime, yeah?" I nodd in responce.

I never would of thought that I could enjoy his company as much as I did.

I feel hands grip around my waist and he draws me in, smiling delicately, his eyes lock with mine.

As he licks his lips, he stares at my jaw. Pulling me in, I turn away.

"You're gonna be late for your...job. I'll see you later." I make sure to pull away as slowly as I can. Showing him that he can't use me as he wishes.

"Later." The tone in his voice is riddled with annoyance.

I strut away, in the direction of Zayns house.

~~

"Yeah, and then I said that he was gonna be late for work."

"You swerved him? Cold. That's cold, Louis."

"We'ed been all over each other all day Zayn, I didn't want him too be late for work."

"Sure."

The light from the shuttered window blinds me slightly, as we lie on our backs comfortably on Nialls double bed. I explained my time with Harry thoroughly, but not too thoroughly.

I didn't mention anything about his name or his mum, Harry would probably prefer it that way.

"We didn't have any beer but we had wine?" Niall walks in with a bottle of red in his right and and three wine glasses in his domanant.

"I don't think I've ever met a left handed person." I sit up to look at Niall, he smiles.

I notice his teeth as the sun shines through the opening, they look clean and straight.

"Niall mate, your teeth are straighter than you. Come here, let me have a closer look at them."

Niall uses his foot too shut the door behind him, before strolling over to the bed. He places the contents of what he has in his hands on his bed side table.

He crawls over on his hands and knees and flexes his teeth. I smile, he looks like an toddler.

I pull down his bottom lip, revealing his pink gums.

"Jesus mate, they're amazing. Did you have braces?" I continue to inspect them.

"Yeah a little while ago."

Zayn stays lieing down.

"Louis, important question whose room is cooler? Mine or Nialls?"

He sits up, clearly an attention seeker. The conversation wasn't all about him so he had to make it a competition.

I hadn't really thought about it before Zayn brought it up.

"Well, they are very different." I remove my hand from Nialls chin, before observing his room.

Unlike his brother, Niall is neat. Very neat.

His rooms quite like Harrys minus the books and less plants.

Every surface is white, white chest of draws, white desk, white bedside table, white sheets, white bedframe. It's quite pleasing to look at but really boring.

His one plant sits quietly in the corner next to his desk.

"Come on Louis, you know It's mine." Niall beams at me.

"Well I really like the cleanliness of Nialls but I prefer the overall vibe of yours, Zayn." I rub Zayns thigh.

"Haha that's three/nil to Zayn!" He points at Niall, laughing at him. I join in.

"But louis will agree with me when I say yours needs a clean."

"Wait- there's more people than just me then?"

"Well yeah, you, Styles and Nick."

Harry. interesting.

"That's surprising, Styles' rooms more like yours, Niall."

"You've been in his house? Even his room?-" confusion is burried in his expression.

I nodd, "Crack open that bottle than Ni."

I change the subject as Niall grabs the bottle.

"Wanna watch something then boys?" Zayn snatches the remote from next to him.

"One condition, I get too pick." I snatch the remote from him and point it to the tv that sits at the end of Nialls bed.

~~