Happy Pixie

Dmitri’s POV

“Bro. Bro. Bro. Bro. Bro. Bro. Bro. Bro. Bro. Bro.”

“Yes, what is it my adorable little brother?” I snapped. “What could you possibly want from me?”

“A ride,” he grinned innocently, “My friends want to hang out at this one spot that’s like miles away and we only have one car and too many people to fit in the car so can you drive like… three of us? Oh, then drive us back home?”

I wanted to whine and ask why he couldn’t drive but then I remembered the accident. For a student that gets into an accident two months after getting his driver license, there is no accident forgiveness. There’s only a long wait until his eighteen to get another one. He had just turned seventeen a month ago so I had about another year of driving him around.

I groaned and turned back to my Nintendo DSi, “When?”

“Tonight.”

I groaned again, “I don’t wanna hang out with high schoolers. I’m supposed to be a cool college student now.”

“You’ll still be cool,” he assured me, “Think of it this way. To us lowly high schoolers, you’ll be the coolest person there.”

“That would sound so much more appealing if I wasn’t playing Pokémon white right now.”

He hummed thoughtfully, “Okay. Where’s your phone?”

“Under my butt.”

“Why is it under your butt?”

“Cause it likes hanging out under my butt. Who are you to judge?”

“I’m not judging. I would want to hang under your butt too if I was a phone. It’s a very nice butt. It’s all round and pert and all that.”

I furrowed my eyebrows and glanced at him, “It kind of concerns me that you think complimenting my butt is a way to get me to do something.”

“No, I’m serious, it’s really nice,” he said sincerely.  

Yeah, I wasn’t going to get into that conversation so I lifted up my butt and let him grab it.

“Eww, it’s all butt warm,” he complained.

I lifted my butt again, “Then put it back.”

He shook his head quickly, “No, butt warmth is fine.” He started typing away on my phone. I went back to playing on my DSi while he did whatever with my phone. He laid down on my floor while he waited for something. I heard my text tone ring more than a couple of times before he hopped to his feet.

“Dom is coming,” he pushed my phone into my face, “He said he’ll go with us. Man, he was so hard to convince.”

I took my phone out of his hand and peered into his conversation with my boyfriend.

Me: Hey, Dom, it’s D’s lil bro

Dragon-mate: Uh, hi? Why are you texting me?

Me: ‘Cause D doesn’t want to drive me and my friends somewhere but he will if you come.

Dragon-mate: He said that?

Me: No but’s it’s implied.                  

Dragon-mate: By what, his smell?

Me: Yes, actually, he exudes pheromones around you. Please come.

Dragon-mate: Sorry, kid, but I’m not coming.

Me: Please?

Dragon-mate: No.

Me: It’ll make me love you forever.