Chapter 12: Evil Spawn and Cheeseburgers

Start from the beginning

The redhead said I should wait for her since she would come back soon taking a bit to long and with my low patience I succumbed of the heavy feeling from the tiredness spreading in my body within minutes.

My eyes fluttered slowly when I felt a shift on the left side of my bed just to turn around only to see the redhead assassin.

"I'm sorry if I woke you up", she started.

"No it's absolutely fine", I said but it came out more as a rasp.

"For how long was I asleep?", I stood up and leaned back against the pillows.

"Just for an hour", she answered.
"But now that you are awake...", she contuined and placed a tray on her lap and holding a bowl in her hands.

I moved a bit forward and held my hand out for to grab it, only earning a quick slap on my hand by the spy.

"Forget it", she scolded and wrapped her delicate fingers around the spoon and realization hit me when I knew what she was up to do.

"Now lean back", she ordered but in a soft tone.

"Uhm hey Natasha seriously you don't need to do that, I can feed myself"

I earned a quick glare by her before she sighed.
"I know but since you are injured and not allowed to do anything just let me help you and of course I want to do it..", the last part came barely out as a whisper either she didn't want me to hear it even tho I totally could hear it.

I relaxed against the pillows.
"I mean if you really want to", I stated and saw her face lit up and she moved a bit to on the bed to make herself more comfortable.

I could hear her heart beating rapidly against her chest and breathing became a bit heavier.
However she was really nervous to do it maybe I wasn't sure why eitherway she probably never took care of someone like in this kind of situation.

"I don't want to make you uncomfortable but you don't need to force yourself to do this", I stated slowly.

"No it's not that I want to and besides I would like to care of you otherwise you wouldn't do it by yourself", she answered looking at me with her green emerald eyes before giving her attention to the bowl.

She furrowed her eyebrows in concentration while she was trying to fit the soup in the perfect measure into the spoon.
She gently blowed on the steamy soup to make sure that it wasn't to hot.

"I didn't know what you would specifically eat so I made chicken noodle soup, I hope that's alright", she said leading the spoon to my mouth.

The warm liquid hitting the back of my throat leaving a delightful flavor on my tongue.

After eating the whole soup she fed me even when I struggled a bit by every further sip but she made sure I would finish it with by her ways of discreetly praising me and that's exactly how I was caught in her web.
Pretty iconic.

"Thank you it was absolutely amazing and I feel much better now", sinking back into the pillows.

A little smile formed on her lips while looking at me with her forest green eyes that I got zoned out.
I studied her face dark circles framed under her eyes by lack of the sleep she got, her skin was slightly pale and even although these things she was beyond beautiful, the sun that was weakly shining in the October season through the blinds causing her eyes to shine a warm forest green shade like the awakening of the spring rising after the cold winter and her hair glowing fiercely red as flames that crackles in a bonfire.
And I actually felt really bad for not telling the truth that day.
I let out sigh out and played with the ring on my finger before I decided to speak up.