Chapter 6

"Who is she?" Louis asked.

"The head boss. From what we can tell she runs the entire operation. She was hard as hell to get information on. We don't know much about her, but we have an address. Every Thursday she has coffee at a small cafe around ten."

"Wait, this is-what is this?" Louis asked confused. Zayn was glancing over at the folder but staying silent.

"This is our chance to get our boys back. This woman runs the show. And we have a location. This could be the end of Headquarters, boys.

"How do you-"

"We've known about Headquarters for years. I'm in charge of defense, Louis. I'm charged with the protection of millions of people. Headquarters is the most lethal private killing organization in the world. Our paths were due to cross."

Anne took the folder back from Louis and looked it over. "We found her a couple months ago. Knew we were onto something. Leslie, Home Secretary? I believe you may have met." Louis had the decency to look away at that. "Yes, well, she and I were building a file on her. I knew we'd really found something when she came up dead."

Anne closed the folder and moved forward to place a hand on the back of Louis' chair, hovering over him. "She was my best friend. An amazing woman; Harry's Godmom, actually." Anne looked like she might growl, "I'll never forgive you for what you've done. But this," she held up the folder, "will surely help you earn my tolerance."

Louis nodded numbly, "Of course, I'm sor-"

"I don't want your apology. I want your help. Period."

"Tell me what to do."

Anne stood back up, "Well we're going to have to find another way into the cafe. You killed the man that ran the entire chain."

"Alfred? I won't apologize for that."

Anne chuckled darkly, "I wouldn't expect you to. He was an awful person. But he was also going to let us have complete control of the store. Cameras, electricity, security. Now we need to find another way in."

"Zayn can do all that," Louis thumbed towards his silent partner. Zayn looked at Louis like he'd been disturbed from a trance.

"Mr. Malik, can you do all that?"

"I, um..."

Louis tried to get up to go to Zayn, but his guard pushed him back down. Louis huffed and looked to Anne, "Can you please tell your goon to lay off? I'm not going anywhere."

Anne nodded to the man and he released Louis. Louis went and knelt in front of Zayn's still frame. "Hey, Zee, what's up? What's wrong?"

Zayn was shaking his head minutely. "They always told us we were good," he whispered, but in the quiet room it carried. "They told us these people were bad. How many families have we ended? Mother's have we killed?"

Louis took both of Zayn's hands in his and kissed the knuckles, "Hey, no, none of that. I brought you into this life, I'm getting you out. You were always good to me; there for me."Louis brought Zayn's hand up to cup his face. "Help me get Liam and Harry back, make up for a piece of what we've done."

Zayn searched Louis' eyes for the answer before nodding and looking to Anne, "I can do all that."

"Great. We have to be mindful who we involve. No one can know."

Louis stood up, still holding on of Zayn's hands. "We get it. Just tell us what to do."

***

"Here they come," Liam whispered. "Showtime."