Phoenix smiled, cocking the empty gun down. The smile on her face died down when she came to a realization: the chance of them dying tonight was extremely high.

The girl looks at Simon, remembering that if she hadn't pulled him away, he would be gone right now. If she hadn't gotten a grip on herself that day with the milkman, she could've been gutted into pieces.

"If this doesn't work, I'm killing everyone in this mall and them myself." Phoenix mumbled, and even though she had meant it as a joke, there was a small part of her that was definitely willing to do this. If Kate died just for nothing, she wasn't sure if she would forgive herself. Hell, she wasn't sure if she would forgive anyone, for that matter.

"Don't worry," Simon mumbled, face now concerned. He took a few steps towards Phoenix and grabbed her hand, "We'll kill him. And Kate would be whacking her shit in heaven, or wherever."

"What if Kate went to hell?" Nixie joked, even though her tone was still flat and sad. It still hasn't caught on to her that Kate, her best friend, was gone.

"Then she'll be cheering us from there too." Simon replied in a knowing tone. His hands grabbed another water gun, a way bigger one, and placed it onto hers. "But for now, we need to kill this pig."

"Try not to get yourself killed, too." Nixie hissed, coking the empty water gun just to see how it felt like.

"Baby, I'm going to live forever."

Almost instantly after he said this, Josh came and scolded the two of them, ushering them to do their work instead of fooling around.

"He's so serious," Simon whispered, walking away from the store. The mall was extremely quiet, much comparable to it's bustling atmosphere they were so used to. "He's the one who hit you with his car."

"I can hear you!"

"I know!"

The two of them laughed, walking away from Josh who looked extremely pissed at the moment.

"I'll go get some stuff," Nixie called out, walking in the opposite direction while Simon did his own thing.

When she was done, Phoenix watched as Christine approached the hanging tree slowly, inhaling and exhaling steadily. She could only imagine how traumatic this must have felt for her— the same tree where her sister and her best friend died.

Suddenly, Deena placed her hand on her shoulder, and she gasped, quickly turning around.

"This is it," Deena whispered, looking up at the hanging tree.

"Yep." Berman agreed with a long exhale and started walking away, leaving Deena and Phoenix alone.

"I seduced this man— I danced down the perfumed path to Death;  headed straight for Hell and attempting to take this good man with me."

The girl blinked, taking a few steps away from the tree. The gun was still firm in her hand, she was still in reality, but the voices didn't stop. Her pained voice, how she was sobbing through it: "It was me. It was only me. I forced him to lay with me... I forced him to lay with me."

"Phoenix..." Deena started, still glancing at the tree. "When you were holding that padlock, what did you see?"

The girl looked at Deena. There was this some sort of unspoken thing between them, and none of them talked about the shit that they saw. All Nixie knew was that Sarah Fier was hanged because of Solomon Goode, but Deena didn't know anything about what she saw.