nine. this is jesus

PHOENIX PARKED the ambulance right in front of Grab & Bag, a store she was extremely familiar with, thanks to Simon.

As Simon hurriedly opened up the grocery store, Phoenix has a slight moment with herself and her reflection. The bandage on her head was bleeding again, which may or may not be because of the Camp Nightwing killer knocking her over with brute force. Even in the dark, she could see the bruises on her arms and legs, but this was no time to think of herself: it was time to kill Sam.

The moment she stepped into the store, Phoenix spotted a bunch of bananas. For some reason, seeing them all displayed causes her stomach to let out a loud gurgle.

Nixie looked towards Simon and shrugged. There was no harm in stealing one banana. Once she did, she walked over towards the beverage aisle to get a bunch of water bottles.

Stopping along the way to grab a bag of chips, there was a satisfied smile on her face as she sat down on the chair.

"You sure do know this place a lot..." Sam mumbled, eyes drifting over every corner of the store. "This store is huge, and you never got lost."

"I'm here all the time. Simon and I always used to have quickies here."

Deena, who was in the middle of drinking water, started choking on it. An amused smile crept its way up into Nixie's face as she watched Deena struggle to find the right words. "You and Simon- what- how?"

"I thought you figured it out, Deena." confusion makes its way onto her features. "Huh. I guess not."

"A few months ago, my brother Timothy had an unfortunate experience in which he ingested too much of a certain substance," Simon started talking, walking to the back with a bunch of items in his hands. It seemed like he still wasn't sure that they were in the topic of boning. "He was dead for two minutes. But..."

He started tapping dramatically. "We got him back!"

"Kate," Deena said, looking at the girl. "It's time for your close-up."

Kate gave a determined nod, and started to open up each of the bottles of pills to dump them onto the counter and sort them into piles.

"You need to take these in order. Pile one takes the edge off," Simon explained to Sam, pointing at the first pile. "You're gonna feel like you're being fucked by a unicorn."

Phoenix has had pile one before.

Kate dumped out the pills and formed a second pile.

"Pile two is gonna bring your core temp way down," Simon continued, looking at Sam. She nodded. "You may feel slightly sick."

ate dumped out the third pile.

"You need to take a five-minute interval between pile two and pile three. That's really important, okay?" Simon continued again, looking up at Sam. He over stressed every word, just to show how important the five minute interval was. "Pile three is what brings you down and out, so you gotta take that 'take five' or else it's all gonna go to shit!"

"How many of these do we have?" Kate questioned, picking up the EpiPens. Phoenix once remembered that time she had a bad allergic reaction to seafood. Thank god Simon had those stored in his car, because she was about to die if she didn't get those EpiPens.

"Tons. Like a thousand," Simon replied, taking them from her.

"Wait," Deena said, looking confused, the words rolling out of her tongue weirdly. "EpiPens?"

"Epinephrine," Simon explained, "Also known as adrenaline. This is what brings her back. This is Jesus!"

Sam sighed.