Chapter 12

20 Weeks Pregnant.

-Katniss

Peeta finally managed to get me out of bed and to have my baby scan, which was perfect. My little baby is healthy and was a good size for 17 weeks. I need to go for another scan in 5 weeks' time and I'm so excited.

Peeta went to the bakery early this morning and he's bringing back some new treats and pastries for me to try and fall in love with probably.

I walk towards the fridge and just stare at the baby scan picture that is stuck with a magnet. I stroke my fingers over the baby and then place my other hand on my bump.

"Hey baby, daddy's bringing some treats home for us both, aren't you excited," I whisper.

The phone starts to ring, so I walk over and pick it up responding with the usual greeting, "Hello?" The voice on the other end responds with, "Hello, Katniss. Is Peeta home?" And from the voice I can tell its Caesar. I take a sigh of relief before carrying on the conversation.

Me; he's not no, but how can I help?

Caesar; we'd like to invite him to the Capitol for an interview.

Me; I'll be sure to let him know as soon as he comes home.

As if right on que he walks through the front door shouting, "Katniss, I'm home." I smile instantly.

Me; hang on just one second Caesar.

I put the phone on the side with Caesar still on the line and walk over to Peeta. I place a gentle kiss on his lips and he kisses me on the nose before bending down and kissing my ever growing baby bump.

"Caesars on the line, he wants to know if you'll do an interview," I say softly.

"Hmm," he replies with before kissing my lips again. We both walk over to the phone and I pick it up again.

Me; sorry about that, Caesar. He just walked through the door, I'll hand you over to him.

Caesar; okay.

I hand the phone the Peeta and I wrap my arms around one of his and rest my head on his shoulder so I can hear both sides of the conversation.

Peeta; hello, Caesar.

Caesar; ah the bakers boy, how are you holding up?

Peeta; things are great yeah, Katniss told me you rung to speak to me?

Caesar; ah yes. We've invited you to the Capitol to do an interview for us.

Peeta; oh, when?

Caesar; whenever you're free.

Peeta; I can do tomorrow I guess, if I leave tonight.

Caesar; that sounds perfect. We look forward to seeing you, good-bye.

Peeta; good-bye.

He hangs up the phone and pulls me into his arms to give me a comforting hug and kiss my forehead.

"Stay here and rest, I'll be home tomorrow night, okay?" He whispers into my hair.

"Be safe," I reply.

"Always." I scrunch my nose and he kisses it before walking towards to stairs.

~~

Peeta left for the train over 5 hours ago and I miss him already, by now we'd be led in bed together with him either telling me a story from his childhood or him talking to our baby while massaging my shoulders. I can't live without him, he's became essential just like oxygen.