House of Reunions

Nina

"Gran, are you sure you don't want me to stay behind?" I asked, grabbing my trunk and loading it into the taxi. "You're still sick, I can take time off to be with you."

"Absolutely not," she told me firmly. "This is your senior year, I want you to enjoy it and don't worry about me. I'm a fighter."

"Okay, if you're sure," I replied, giving her a hug. "I'll call you when I get there ok?"

She smiled warmly. "I love you, sweetheart."

"I love you too, Gran," I replied, giving her another hug.

......

A wide smile appeared on my face as the familiar view of Frobisher Academy approached and my taxi pulled to a stop in front of Anubis House.

"Nina!" Someone screeched before I'd even had time to get out of the car, and suddenly I felt arms wrapped around me in a bone-crushing hug.

"Hey Amber," I said, laughing.

"Oh, I've missed you so much!" She squealed.

"I've missed you too!"

"Come on, everyone's here except for Eddie!" Amber said, grabbing my arm and pulling me inside.

"Nina!" Joy exclaimed as I entered, moving to give me a hug. Things were a bit rocky between us last year but I'm so glad we've made up.

I said hi to Patricia, Mara, Jerome, and Alfie, but Fabian was nowhere to be found. "He's in his room," Amber whispered, sensing my confusion.

I smiled, heading down the hall to Fabian and Eddie's room. "Hey," I said softly, knocking on the doorframe.

"Nina!" Fabian exclaimed, giving me a hug. "I missed you so much!"

It felt so good to feel his arms around me again. "I've missed you too," I muttered against his chest."

He pulls away, staring at me for a few minutes. I want to kiss him, but I don't want this to turn out like last year.

"So, um, are we giving us another go?" He asked nervously.

I smiled widely. "I'd like that."

He grinned, bending down and giving me a soft kiss.