𝙄𝙩'𝙨 𝙊𝙪𝙩.

Start from the beginning

"𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘥𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯 𝘩𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘺?" I honestly don't know how to say this to her, like hey I overheard you talking to one of my favourite authors who just happens to write one of my favourite book series aka Harry Potter and you were talking with her as if you were concerned best friends and you never told me. Then you say that you don't like that I read Harry Potter and express how much I would love to be in the wizarding world as if it sucks. Additionally, JK Rowling talks about someone called Minnie and if your conversation was ever linked to Harry Potter, Minnie would be Professor McGonagall and she would be doing something soon, but that wouldn't be possible because Harry Potter characters are from a book, it's all fantasy, right? Then someone else needs to find who they really are or someone needs to tell them a big truth and you haven't told me you had a really interesting call 3 days ago and didn't mention it to your own daughter like always... 

But then saying it like that, is really, quite abrupt. So I just looked at her in silence. If magic and the wizarding world really did exist this would be wayyyy easier, she could just look in my mind and find out. Instead of me risking my free days and confronting her.

𝗟𝗼𝗿𝗲𝗰𝗶𝗼𝘂𝘀 𝗽𝗼𝘃:

I looked at my daughter slightly worryingly, what did she mean? I thought over the last few days what haven't I told her? At the back of my head, I felt a nagging thought that it could be about something recently, but I have been so busy with the house buying this, doing that, my head basically feels that one day all these little jobs will cause it to explode. Morgan just looked at me as if trillions of words were spilling in her head, they probably were. Magic? No, I haven't used it, not really for 13 years and I would like to keep it that way. She is safe, that's all that matters.

"𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘵 𝘔𝘰𝘳𝘨𝘢𝘯?" I asked. She looked at me expectantly as if I knew what she wanted to say, I could know though with a little legilimens spell but no. 

𝗠𝗼𝗿𝗴𝗮𝗻'𝘀 𝗽𝗼𝘃:

The silence grew heavy and I found myself taking in a deep breath, it's time I thought, I will risk it to know the truth. Tension and suspense filled the air. Ok... here I go.

"𝘐 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘢𝘥 3 𝘥𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘢𝘨𝘰, 𝘐 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘥 𝘪𝘵 𝘢𝘭𝘭." Way to go Morgan you sound as suspenseful as a writer leaving their readers with a cliffhanger. But my mom's face didn't twitch at all, her face was neutral and stiff, cold like stone. I thought maybe saying this might help her remember but seems like it didn't so I continued. "𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘰𝘯 𝘢 𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘑𝘰𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘦, 𝘑𝘰𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘦 𝘙𝘰𝘸𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨-"I felt this knot in my throat completely undo itself as the words started spilling from my mouth, I no longer cared how my mom was looking at me. All the confusion, anger betrayment, sadness all that overthinking started pouring out of my system. 

𝗟𝗼𝗿𝗲𝗰𝗶𝗼𝘂𝘀'𝘀 𝗽𝗼𝘃:

"𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘰𝘯 𝘢 𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘑𝘰𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘦, 𝘑𝘰𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘦 𝘙𝘰𝘸𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨-" My heart dropped. No. No no no no, this was never meant to happen she can't know. My heartbeat increased by a billion in a nanosecond. How could I have been so stupid, of course, Joanne called me and I had the phone call in my room. Oh god, what an idiot. Morgan was home, of course, she heard. I feel so hopeless all my attempts, everything I've done to protect her. God, no. I looked at my daughter fearfully, tears started streaking her beautiful face. My poor baby, this is all my fault. UGH. I should have been more careful.

𝗠𝗼𝗿𝗴𝗮𝗻'𝘀 𝗽𝗼𝘃: 

I took in another deep breath "𝘔𝘰𝘮, 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘳𝘰𝘵𝘦 𝘏𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘺 𝘗𝘰𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳, 𝘐 𝘢𝘮 𝘢 𝘧𝘢𝘯, 𝘸𝘩𝘺 𝘥𝘪𝘥𝘯'𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘮𝘦? 𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘣𝘰𝘵𝘩 𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘳𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴...𝘞𝘩𝘺 𝘥𝘪𝘥𝘯'𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘮𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘩𝘦𝘳, 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘮𝘦 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨, 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘥? 𝘐..𝘐 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘩𝘪𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘴𝘶𝘤𝘩 𝘢 𝘣𝘪𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨, 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘦𝘭𝘴𝘦 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘪𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨? " A pause, I didn't realise how much I had been affected, how many feelings I had hidden, dug six feet under, sad anger surged through me "𝘏𝘶𝘩?" I asked, "𝘐 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘥 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘢𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘢 𝘣𝘪𝘨 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘵𝘩, 𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘢𝘳𝘦, 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘥 𝘔𝘪𝘯𝘯𝘪𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘨𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘱𝘪𝘤𝘬 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘶𝘱." My mind was swirling putting points together like a detective. "𝘐𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘯𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘔𝘪𝘯𝘯𝘪𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘏𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘺 𝘱𝘰𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘪𝘵 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘣𝘦 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘗𝘳𝘰𝘧𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘰𝘳 𝘔𝘤𝘎𝘰𝘯𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘦?!" I felt out of breath, tired like I had run for hours "𝘏𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘺 𝘗𝘰𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘪𝘴 𝘑𝘜𝘚𝘛 𝘢 𝘣𝘰𝘰𝘬...𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵? 𝘙𝘐𝘎𝘏𝘛?!" I reached my climax and I shouted in rage and dejection. I stopped talking, trying to regulate my breathing, my shaking hands, putting them to my sides and wipe the dampness on my shorts. I tried breathing in but only an eighth managed to get to my burning lungs. I sniffled loudly and I reached up to my wet cheeks with my right hand and stopped a running tear. "𝘔𝘰𝘮, 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘱𝘩𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘭? 𝘐 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘢 𝘤𝘳𝘢𝘻𝘺 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘰𝘯, 𝘥𝘰𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘻𝘢𝘳𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥 𝘢𝘤𝘵𝘶𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘦𝘹𝘪𝘴𝘵?" With that I slumped onto the sofa with my hands on my face not looking upwards to my mom's face. 

It's out. She now knows I overheard her.