We're going to Jötunheimr

While Odin and the princes went to investigate whatever-the-hell, Father and I returned to our rooms within the palace.
"I hope the food isn't wasted." Father joked as he took off his shoes at the door. I chuckled out of politeness. At least I could change into something more comfortable. The dress I was wearing was made to fit me as tightly as possible, but not so tight as to stop my breathing, so I had deep, red creases around my stomach and ribs after I removed it. I had a beautiful and comfortable lilac dress which I preferred much more, but would have been too casual for a royal coronation. Thankfully, I was able to change into that instead.

"Do you think Frost Giants actually made it to Asgard?" I asked father.
"If they did, they probably wouldn't get far. The palace has the best security money can buy." He said, proudly.
"If they were able to sneak past Heimdall, then they're something worth fretting over." I spoke my intrusive thoughts aloud. Such ideas gave me frightening anxiety.
"I trust Heimdall would be able to learn from his mistakes. He doesn't make them often." Father always tried his best to comfort me and I believed his words. Still, being able to sneak past the man who sees everything even once was enough to stir the uncomfortable uncertainty inside me.

"While I talk with Odin, why don't you join Thor and the others in the banquet hall. I'm sure he's in need of advising right about now." He suggested, gesturing to the door.
"He's probably furious." I fake laughed.
"All the more reason to advise his actions." He smiled at me with sincerity. I rolled my eyes, smiled and agreed. I needed all the practice I could get before Thor gets his official title and I can't imagine the new ceremony would be far away.

Lady Sif and The Warriors Three were already in the banquet hall, eating what was already served when I arrived and were waiting for Thor and Loki. We had a similar discussion about the Frost Giants that I had with Father. About how dangerous an enemy who could sneak past Heimdall could be.

Thor kicked the door in which echoed against the gold and marble walls. At least my predictions about him being furious were spot on. Loki quietly entered behind him. Thor loudly explained what happened in the palace vaults while he paced back and fourth, breathing deeply all while Loki and I kept looking between him and each other.

He ranted how three Frost Giants managed to sneak in and almost steal The Casket of Ancient Winters but were killed by The Destroyer; an incredibly tall suit of armour that was animated by Odin's magic. It fires compressed heat and fire at its enemies. A fitting weapon for Frost Giants.

Thor was definitely angry about his big day being ruined, but he was more angry that Odin refused to act on it. He was so angry, that he flipped the table over, spilling the food, crockery and silverware all over the floor. Realising no amount of retaliation would extinguish his anger, he sat on the steps that circled the table in a huff.

Odin's decision to excuse what happened confused me as much as Thor, but I didn't question it. We had a truce between Laufey and Jötunheimr, so it would make sense for him to not want to start a war. Especially when it was only the act of a few when they, for all we know, had nothing to do with Laufey.

Loki sat beside him in an attempt to comfort him.
"This was supposed to be my day of triumph." Thor growled, gritting his teeth.
"It'll come... In time." Loki promised. "If it's any consolation, I think you're right. About Laufey, about the Frost Giants, about everything."
"Loki..." I warned quietly.
"No, honestly." He spoke up. "Who's to say this won't happen again?"
"Place your trust in Heimdall, I'm sure he's guilt-ridden." I sat on the other side of Thor on the steps.
"Of course." Loki sighed in reply. "Besides, there's nothing you can do without defying Father."

There was a pause before Thor gave his brother a look and then thrusted himself to his feet. "No, no, no, no, no, I know that look_" Loki began to panic and then I knew what Thor was thinking. Agreeing with Loki, I tried to stop him too.
"That's the only way to ensure the safety of our boarders." Thor scowled at us both.
"Thor, please, think this through." I tried to calm him. "What exactly do you expect to happen?"
"I expect a clear message to be sent that they never try something like this again." I took a breath and rubbed my eyes.
"This is madness..." I said.

"Madness?" Volstag spoke up. "What madness?"
"We're going to Jötunheimr." Thor answered him and Loki and I shared the same exasperated expression.
"Thor, as your advisor, please believe me when I say this is a very, very bad idea." I pressed but he just shook his head.
"You're not my advisor yet. Not till I'm King which will come sooner when I put those creatures in their place." I knew then, there was no changing his mind. At least the warriors and Sif took my side.

"This isn't like a journey to Earth." Fandral inputted. "Where you summon a little lightning and thunder and the mortals worship you as a God."
"My Father fought his way into Jötunheimr, defeated their armies and took their Casket..." The more he spoke, the more I could see Loki sinking in his seat, begging Thor to shut up in his mind. The warriors and Sif still protested, but Thor was somehow able to convince them by reminding them of how he lifted their spirits in battle before.

Loki and I still thought it was the worst of ideas, but we both knew more than anyone that once Thor's mind was set, changing it wasn't an option. So the five of us headed to the Bifrost where Heimdall stood, guarding the key.