Chapter Four: Christmas

Start from the beginning

The two of them stood in that position for a while, just enjoying each other's presence.

"Y/N? Hermione?" The couple heard Harry's voice from behind Y/N.

They turned to face him, separating from each other but keeping hold of each other's hands.

"What are you two doing here?"

"'Mione's escaped." Y/N said softly, earning a confused look from Harry.

"Escaped?" Harry questioned, concern lacing his tone.

"Y/N means that I've escaped Cormac. He's been bothering me all night, I even left him under the mistletoe." Hermione explained as Y/N moved behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist.

"Everyone knows you and Y/N are together, can't he just take a hint?" Harry exclaimed, annoyed that his friend was being harassed.

Y/N and Hermione sighed in sync while Y/N rested his head on Hermione's shoulder.

"Dragon tartare?" A waiter emerged from the curtains.

"We're fine, thank you." Y/N replied.

"Just as well. They give one horribly bad breath." The waiter explained.

"On second thoughts..." Hermione started, grabbing the plate of food from the waiter.

Y/N and Harry looked towards her questioningly. 

"Might keep Cormac at bay." She finished before stuffing her mouth with a few of the snacks.

"Oh, god, here he comes." 

She quickly passed the plate to Y/N before turning to escape.

"Come find me later, love." She whispered before escaping, leaving the two boys to deal with Cormac.

"I think she just went to powder her nose." Harry blurted.

"Slippery little minx, your friend." Cormac said with annoyance.

"She's my girlfriend." Y/N growled, looking him in the eyes.

Cormac gulped, turning his attention to the plate in Y/N's hands before grabbing a few of them and eating them.

"What is this I'm eating, by the way?" Cormac asked through a mouth full of the Dragon Tartare.

"Dragon balls." Harry replied.

Snape suddenly came from behind the curtains, making the two boys turn their heads as Cormac threw up on the ground. Y/N peeked from behind Harry to see that Cormac had puked on Snape's shoe and not the ground, forcing him and Harry to try not to giggle at the scene.

"You've just bought yourself a month's detention, McLaggen." Snape spat.

Y/N and Harry quickly tried to make their escape but was stopped by Snape.

"No so quick, Y/N, Potter." He scolded.

"Sir, I really think I should rejoin the party. My date and Y/N's girlfr-" Harry started.

"Can surely survive your absence for another minute or two." Snape cut him off.

"Besides, I only wish to convey a message from Professor Dumbledore."

The two boys looked at each other in the eyes. Y/N tilted his head at Harry who just shrugged his shoulders.

"He asked me to give you both his best, and he hopes you enjoy your holiday." Snape continued.

"You see... he's traveling, and he won't return until term resumes."

"Traveling where?" Y/N questioned, looking the taller man in the eyes.