【Chapter 34】

Start from the beginning

"I've been betrayed! You have lied to me!" The witch screeched as she lunged towards Escanor only for the said male to grab her, slamming her onto the table making the cauldron fall down as the liquid inside the cauldron poured out into the ground, sizzling before disappearing.

"My oil! You damn fool, what have you done!" The witch cried as she tried to reach for her things only to be slammed down once more on the table. "Now that we have the other three retrieved there is no reason to be wary of you." Escanor smirked as the witch looked up at him, only to cackle. 

"You have every right to be wary of me now, mortal! I am the witch of the forest, and everything here is under my command!" The witch cackled once more only to stop short as she saw the others pull out their sacred treasure. 

"Well, it is surely not nice to meet you, but we are the Seven Deadly Sins if you wished to know." Gowther introduced themselves, pushing his glasses up making light reflect off of them. "Fox Sin of Greed, how ya doin'?" Ban introduced himself and licked his lips, pure excitement filling his orbs. 

"I am the Lion Sin of Pride, I imagine it must be a pleasure to bask in my heavenly glory. By the way, my real name is Escanor." Escanor re-introduced himself, his cocky smirk still on his face. Watching the three look at her the witch began to shake as small tears began to run away from her eyes. 

"S-Seven Deadly Sins...? I'm screwed..." The witch whispered the last part under her breath. "Now, we'll let you go if you retrieve ou comrades to us, and give us what we're looking for." Gowther demanded her in a dark tone, his words sending threats to her mind without the witch even realizing it. 

"Y-Yes! Of course!" The witch agreed and waved her hands towards the three, all three of them beginning to groan as they slowly opened their eyes. Away was the lovely dream of being with their beloved as they finally remembered what happened, their faces grim with misery after realizing what a horrible tragedy of a reality that they were now aware of. 

"(Y/N)..." Diane cried softly as she hanged her head down low, the memory of their peaceful and perfect life in her dreams now nothing but that, a memory. Sad tears fell down her soft cheeks as Elizabeth yearned for the sight of her and (Y/N) together again, their two children buried deep within their arms. 

Frowning at the dream, Meliodas was now more determined to make the time that both of them had together in his dreams a reality. Looking back over at the witch Gowther walked towards her and stopped once they were merely a few inches apart. 

"Now, tell us where you have hidden Govinda." Gowther demanded, his eyes turning dark sending a shiver down the witch's spine. Gulping down her fear the witch looked away from him, her scared eyes now showing a hint of anger. 

"You powerful people have come here for such an item? I have things that'll make kingdoms fall just to get it, but yet you disturb my humble domain in search of such a low-class item? Take it! It's in the cabinet under the frog legs." The witch answered them earning an approving nod from Gowther. 

Walking towards said cabinet Gowther pulled the handle and opened it revealing a small little compass. The compass had a golden outer tier as a long chain showed on top of it, the chain also being golden. The compass, which looked a lot like a compass, was indeed not a compass. Instead, it had no East or West, nor did it have an arrow. It was blank. 

"Are you pulling our leg, old hag?" Ban asked her in a threatening voice, the witch quickly shaking her head. "No! You just have to think about who you want to find and it'll find that person or thing for you!" The witch explained to Ban in a desperate voice, wishing to get out of the painful grip of the Pride Sin. 

Gowther nodded and walked over towards his captain and showed it to him. "Well, is this it?" Gowther asked him as Meliodas nodded and got up, the other three following soon after.

"That's Govinda alright." Meliodas confirmed it as he and the others walked over towards the witch. "Now, open the door." Meliodas commanded her as the witch did just that. A huge chunk of the hut rotted away at a rapid pace showing the outside world, the plants that they fought earlier showing as they were in their resting place.

Walking away from her Meliodas took something out of a cabinet as everyone did the same, taking something with them for the troubles. Once seeing that they were leaving, the witch sighed in relief only to see someone behind her. 

"We can't let any witnesses, right?" Opening her eyes wide she saw her own body cut into two as the upper half fell slowly, landing on the floor as blood spluttered out at concerning speeds. 

Chuckling as he walked away from the witch, Escanor walked away with the others, the woods soon burning away as the hut did, too, since the witch that was keeping it alive died.

Reaching her hand towards them, the witch looked at them with such hatred that it could make mountains fall in fright. "I... will..." The fire soon consumed her as her eyes became droopy, her stamina quickly depleting as she took her last breath, though the angry fire consuming her body was no match for the rage inside of her, quickly consuming her mind and soul.

"... have my revenge!"

(ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴅᴀʏ/ɴɪɢʜᴛ ᴍʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇꜱ!)