【Chapter 34】

Start from the beginning

"Isn't Govinda just like... a metal compass?" Ban asked Gowther making him shake his head. "Govinda is almost like a metal compass, but instead of pointing to East and West, stuff like that, instead it points to the thing or person that you wish to find most and it'll lead you there." Gowther explained to him making Ban nod his head slowly in understanding. 

"All right, we've wasted enough time already. Escanor, go!" Gowther whisper-yelled as Escanor nodded and walked out of their hiding place alerting the witch. "You! Intruder of my forest! What have you come here for? To become my meal?" The witch asked him as the plant life around her became alive, shielding her from Escanor seeing her figure. 

Escanor's usual cocky smile was still on his face, though his eyes glistened with glee. "I have come here to see the rumored Nature Witch, and I must say that I am not disappointed." Escanor answered her, his sacred treasure not in his hands and instead to where the other two used to be hiding. 

While Ban and Gowther went to retrieve Meliodas and the others the witch blushed shyly at what he just said. "You have come here to see me?" The witch questioned him, Escanor nodding. "Yes, and your beauty does not disappoint." Escanor replied and took a careful step, testing the waters. 

Once seeing that the witch wished for him to come closer Escanor did and walked closer towards her. "I have heard tails of your beauty and so, I have come here to see it for myself. Now, all those tails that I have been told as a mere child can never measure up to the beauty before me." Escanor said in a husky voice quickly lowering her guard. 

Putting away everything that was guarding her the witch looked at him revealing her average appearance, although she was missing a nose. "Have you? My, I have never been so flattered! Please, tell me your name traveler." The witch asked him as she handed him her calloused hand. 

Grasping her hand gently Escanor bowed and kissed it. "My name is," Pulling his head back up Escanor gave her a teasing smirk. "Aelius." Escanor introduced himself in his fake name. Being far too entranced by his charms the witch completely ignored her mind telling her that he was lying. 

"It's a pleasure meeting you, Aelius." The witch smiled up at him as he rose. Escanor smiled back, "The pleasure is all mine, my lady."

As both of them were chatting Ban and Gowther were both busy trying to untie the knots that the witch made. "Damn, what is she, a pro knitter?" Ban complained under his breath as Gowther was also trying to untie the knots that the witch made. 

"These are pretty tightly done, it almost makes you wonder how many times she had to do this to get this good." Gowther also whispered, though sighed as he instead pulled out a pocket knife and began to thaw it out. 

Looking at Gowther with a frown a tick mark appeared on his head at the idea. 'You could have at least told me!' Ban complained in his mind as he pulled out his own blade, cutting the knot off as Melidoas fell onto his arms. 

Holding Diane in his arms Gowther motioned for Ban to do the next one earning him a nod in agreement. Cutting off Elizabeth's ropes she fell onto his arms as Ban carried his captain and Elizabeth away. 

Quietly running over towards their hiding spot Gowther and Ban placed down the three and made sure that they were still alive, and thankfully, they were. "Now, all that we have to do is wake up Captain and we're good to go!" Ban exclaimed as he began to try and shake Meliodas awake only for Meliodas to fall deeper into his dream. 

"Damn it! How do we wake them up?" Ban asked Gowther only for him to shrug his shoulders. "I suppose only the witch should know that." Gowther replied only for the three of them to freeze as the sound of the witch gasping reached their ears.