23. Queen Of The Pack

Start from the beginning

She needed time to herself once they finished.

It was thirty minutes later when Mason finally took mercy on her and led her away, bidding bye to those who still lingered behind.

As they returned inside to the Pack House, Mason paused at the threshold, dropping his palm that had remained on her back the whole time. "I apologise for that. They're just in a state of uncertainty. They still don't know how to treat you considering all things involved."

"I understand all that but there's one thing I won't tolerate Mason and that's being treated with disrespect. They can be unsure but I won't stand to be treated like a piece of shit because you need to remember that this whole arrangement didn't start with a foundation of love or trust. You threatened the safety of my sister to get to this point."

"And you lied." He added, "We both didn't come into this agreement with clean hands."

"Point taken." She nodded, "So what now?"

"There are things I need to explain to you but there are also things you need to tell me. We'll save the conversation for later because we need to make preparations for tonight." Mason walked ahead of her.

Angelina trailed in behind him. "I have a question."

"What is it?" His steps faltered.

"We won't be sharing a room, will we?" The question had come into mind when they had been talking to the Pack members.

The man kept his back to her as his wide shoulders trembled. She only realised he was laughing under his breath a few minutes later when he hadn't spoken a word in reply.

She scowled, crossing her arms over her chest. "What's so funny Alpha?"

"This mating will be true in every sense of the word Angelina. We might have gotten off on a rough patch-"

"-really, rough patch?"

"-but this will be a real mating. Now that you've signed the scroll, I have no barriers keeping me from claiming you."

"W-what?"

"The oblivious act is cute, my younger self may have had little flutters in his heart but it doesn't hide the fact that you desire me, even if it is just a physical attraction you feel towards me. You feel something other than strong dislike and annoyance for me. Denial is the first step to acceptance."

Angelina opened her mouth to speak but he resumed, refusing to be interrupted. "It will be inevitable when you move into my room."

"We're not going to sleep together in any way." Angelina grumbled, moving towards her room.

"Like I said, denial is the first step to acceptance. That's progress." He called out just as she disappeared behind the corner.

"Mason?" She called out his name sweetly.

"Yes?" He responded, albeit warily.

Angelina savoured the uncertainty in his tone. Maybe the Alpha was scared of her or perhaps even a little afraid of what she had to say.

"You've healed well since I gave you a black eye." There was barely a mark on him left, only a bluish tinge that could pass as fatigue beneath his eye.

"Are you threatening to give me another one?" Disbelief coated his words. She wanted so badly to reverse down the hall to get a good look at his current expression.

"Never Alpha." She responded, climbing the stairs.

She heard his huff of incredulity when she arrived at the top of the floor.