Chapter 11

Sakura signed the forms that one had to sign before taking the test. Usually, it was the sensei's who had to do it, but,

" We're independent Naruto." Sakura said with a straight face. "And it only becomes a crime when you get caught. We aren't breaking any rules either."

'What. ' Shisui thought as he listened to this bull crap.

"I see!" Naruto's eyes shimmered.

Shisui needed to clean his eyeballs after seeing his siblings successfully charm the receptionist lady by acting cute and sprouting sweet words.

...

After the registration process took place, Sakura, Shisui and Naruto walked around the village silently for the first time in a few weeks. There were several pop-up stands along the district, so they went around trying out all sorts of finger food.

"The exam would start later." Shisui said. "Don't die. Your brother would be sad."

"Yup." Sakura replied.

"Of course!" Naruto exclaimed.

They then went into a ramen stall called Ichiraku Ramen.

"Once you finish this bowl of ramen and walk back to the examination hall, you'll be just on time." Shisui said. "Take care of yourself."

"Yup." Sakura reassured.

It felt nice to have someone worry about you. Sakura cherished that feeling of momentary warmth that was bubbling into her. It made her resolve to pass this exam burn even stronger.