Chapter 4

Lisa couldn't see the intruder clearly in the dark chamber.

She panicked. A thief? A bandit? Too many scary thoughts appeared in her head. She quickly grabbed the pillow and threw it at the intruder.

The pillow hit the intruder's head, followed by a thud. The intruder fell on the ground.

When Lisa arrived at the Yan Manor, she knew she couldn't live harmoniously with Princess Kang Hua and Yan Shi Ting. She purposely chose the chamber furthest from the mother and daughter pair. But the chamber was upstairs. She rushed to the window to see if the intruder died.

Outside below the chamber the intruder stood but didn't leave. The intruder whispered something incoherent.

'Mistress, are you alright?' a maid asked from outside the chamber door.

Lisa finally heard what the intruder whispered, 'little lion, it's me.'

Lisa didn't know what do. Heavens! Mouthy boy indeed couldn't let her live peacefully.

Her first thought was to scream 'thief.' Afterward the guards in the Yan Manor would capture mouthy boy and see his true mask. What gentleness? What kindness? Mouthy boy was actually a bandit that climbed through a maiden's window in the middle of the night.

'I'm alright,' Lisa said reluctantly to the maid. 'I was getting a cup of water, you can go back to sleep.'

Her second thought was that it would be pointless for mouthy boy to be caught. He would explain the situation to appear like the perfect gentleman, 'tomorrow is my wedding day, my heart was restless and I wanted to see my betrothed. I know sneaking into her chamber is wrong, but I couldn't control how much I missed her. Prime Minister Yan, please forgive me this one time.'

If her prediction became true then mouthy boy's mask wouldn't be taken off, but help enhance his reputation and make him appear like a man deeply in love with his betrothed. The more she thought about his cunningness the more she wanted to attack him.

She peered outside the window and saw Jungkook began to climb the wall into her chamber again. His movements were too swift like he often climbed into a maiden's chamber.

Half of Jungkook's body entered through the window. She quickly closed half the window to stop him from entering the chamber.

'Big brother, you're here?' Lisa asked softly.

Jungkook used one hand to keep the window open and his other hand passed Jungkook the pillow.

'Tomorrow is our wedding day,' Jungkook said in a tone too sweet. 'My heart missed you. I rolled on my bed many times and couldn't sleep. I wanted to see you.'

Lisa glared at Jungkook.

'But you shouldn't reward me with a pillow,' Jungkook protested. 'Look at my forehead, it's swollen. What am I going to do tomorrow?'

'You deserve it,' Lisa said. 'Big brother, you should be happy it's a wooden pillow. If it's a jade pillow then you wouldn't have a small lump on your forehead.'

Jungkook frowned, low continued to hold the window to stop him from entering the chamber.

'If you don't let me in I'll fall again,' Jungkook said. 'Then the lower half of my body will be crippled and your future happiness will disappear.'

'Go ahead and fall,' Lisa said and she wanted to close the other half of the window.

Jungkook 's grip on the window was slipping. He quickly used both hands to hold onto the window and purposely glanced at Lisa's chest.