"Long live the prince! Long live Skai Prisa!" All sing in chorus, except the commander who remains impassive.

I smile on my throne. I turn to Zarah, sorry, my now ai nomon. She smiles at me with sweetness and pride. Beyond, Roan holds up his fingers in a silly sign of approval. I let out a giggle and Zarah gets up to start walking towards the main square, where the feast will be held. Roan stands up second and offers me his hand, which I take, and we walk serenely behind. The commander follows us and the whole village follows her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are greeted by cheers and congratulations as we leave. It's the first time I've left the castle grounds since I entered. The snow-covered streets are lit by lanterns. People dressed in their best clothes, laughing, singing and dancing. Food everywhere and merriment is noticeably present. Children run here and there and play with their friends. Maybe I'll make some.

Ai nomon seems to notice my excitement because he says. "Go ahead and enjoy your party."

I smile big and give her a kiss on his cheek before running off and mingling in the crowd with Roan close on my heels. I'm sure Nomon sent him to keep me out of trouble, I can be very naughty when I put my mind to it. And this is one of those moments. I stop abruptly, so much so that Roan crashes into my back, but thanks to my training I don't fall. Bitter witch is sitting alone in a corner drinking what I think is alcohol. I smiled ghoulishly.

"Oh no. I know what that smile means." Roan begins to scold me in advance. "Pick on whoever you want, but not Ritha."

"Why not with the bitter witch?" I ask quizzically. I mean, who doesn't want revenge.

Roan laughs at the nickname but turns serious quickly. "If she finds us out, do you have any idea what terrible punishment she'll give us?"

"Then she can't find us out." I say and start walking towards an alley to spy on her and come up with a plan. Roan is not by my side yet, but I know he will come. He won't let his strisis get into any trouble on her own. He finally arrives at my side.

We're watching her for several minutes, when a salesman walks by with a can of pink paint. This is my chance. I ran after him with Roan at my side. The salesman stops when he sees us following him.

"You brats, don't you have anything better to do." He yells at us. I understand do, better and things, which I gather he doesn't want to talk to us. Roan frowns, I guess he disrespects us, otherwise he would be nice. The salesman finally looks at us and his face goes from annoyance, to astonishment and finally to terror. He should have thought better of his words before speaking to us like that.  "Umm, I'm sorry, Your Highnesses. If I had known it was you, what can I do for you?" I lift my chin feeling superior. I don't know what he said, but I must fix this situation.

"Gonasleng?" I ask him so I can join in the conversation.

"Sha, Skai Prisa, how can I help you?" The salesman is nervous.

"How much for the pot of paint?" I said very seriously. I don't owe him respect, he owes it to me.

"Nothing, Skai Prisa. It costs nothing for you. It's yours." He handed me the pot and I grinned.

"Mochof, have a good season." I turn away, ending the encounter. Roan glares at him for a few moments and then walks beside me. It's strange, he's the eldest, the one who will reign one day, and yet I'm the one who settles things with the people. Strange, but it works. I'm the face and he the brain. Interesting relationship.

We go back to our hideout. "What do you have in mind?"

"Well, throw it at her, Duhh." I reply with obviousness. "And before you say she'll realise it was me if I throw it at her, I won't do it that way." Roan had opened his mouth to lecture me but closed it at my comment. "You see the beam over there." I point to a wooden beam above the bitter witch. "It's sticking out of a house. If I climb up there, I'll throw the paint and hide in the house. That way she won't find me." Roan ponders before nodding.