Chapter 7: Bonds Tied

(A/N): not proofread as always lolzies. this was very rushed but my longest chapter yet PHEW

how i picture miranda in this story in pic above pls shes so pretty AAAAA

can i just say your guys comments are so cute i enjoy reading them sm they make me happi ﹏╥ i saw that a few of you actually enjoy it to the point of rereading and its like :O to me bc the first few chapters were really messy LMAO my writing is still a lil messy but first chapter was horrible i'm surprised y'all kept reading even after that (͞_≖̥)

i watched the fear street movies and implemented some sarah and hannah vibes in the flashback bc *sob* i miss them sm

this took me almost another month i'm so sorry omg okay enjoy mwah

also also also made up miranda's last name in this fic cuz we literally never got a lot of her backstory (jAIL CAPCOM JAIL) so i chose 'kos' which means blackbird :) get it :) cuz :) crows :) and she has black wings :) ok anyways enjoy fr fr

so sorry if some things don't make sense i literally have bad vocab and i am v tired rn aAAAAA

Dinner goes by rather well.

Or so you'd like to think.

To your best efforts, you force yourself to keep proper etiquette at the dinner table, popping in pieces of savory meat in your mouth one at a time. It wouldn't be a great look to gobble down a mouthful of meat, no matter how much you wanted to due to your hunger.

The only sounds in the room were the occasional scraping of silver utensils clinking against marble plates. Alcina and her daughters were eerily quiet as they ate their food. No one really spoke after your comment on their looks, nor did they look at you. Except in the eyes, at least. You've caught the daughters sparing a few glances your way when you weren't paying attention and when you caught them in the act, they immediately turned away, hiding their face under their hoods.

Alcina on the other hand, seemed to recover well. When you stared back at her, you'd have to be the first to look away from your little staring contest, a bit nervous to drown too long in her dark silver eyes. You would always fail to notice the small victorious smirk on her face when you'd be the first to avert your gaze.

The silence was almost deafening to you. You couldn't bare it any longer. You had some questions, anyways. You figured you may have not gotten the opportunity any other time.

"The Duke mentioned something about a village," you started after swallowing down the last piece of meat on your plate. You set the fork down, wiping your mouth clean with a napkin. "while Lady Beneviento also brought up some stuff about villagers. Not to mention, where you all get your blood from."

"Ah, yes. There is a village quite a ways from here."

"How far are we talking?"

"It would take you three or so hours by foot, south of my castle. If the fool is feeling generous, taking one of Heisenberg's horses would cut the time in half." Alcina sets down her utensils, raising an eyebrow at your newfound curiosity. "Why do you ask?"

"Just thought I'd take a few visits to the Duke sometime before I leave."

"About that," Daniela develops the courage to chime in. "Where do you plan to go after you leave?"

The other two daughters perk up, turning their heads to look at you, awaiting for your answer. Alcina side-eyes her daughters for a moment before doing the same, equally as interested in your answer.