Chapter 1: Introduction

A/N: not proofread lolzies aLSO I WILL BE UPLOADING CHAPTERS IN WITCH'S PET ON AO3 FIRST <3

With a quick snap of your jaw on its neck, the creature in your mouth finally lay limp and unresponsive after struggling in your tight grip. It was a clean kill; no blood to stain your (Y/HC) fur which was all the more easier for you to manage your day. You never enjoyed the feeling of being dirty no matter how often you became whenever you hunted.

Glancing up at the sky, you made a quick note to head back to your camp as it became progressively darker. You've taken shelter in plenty of areas around the world but for some particular reason, it seemed to be a bit more dangerous in the area you were currently in. There were plenty more wolves than any other place you've been. The howls and growls during the night sky in the past month you have set camp became more unsettling as the days went by. Though you are confident you could overpower as many as you wanted, you knew it wasn't worth wasting your energy.

Ensuring you had a good grip on the neck of your prey to bring it back unscathed, you set off in a fast sprint towards your camp. The weather was not completely ideal for you. Your vision was limited due to the heavy snow that was insistent on making your life harder. Luckily for you, your wolf form's height was 6' so you got around significantly fast even through tall amounts of snow.

Finally arriving at your campsite, you set your prey on the ground near the entrance of your tent. The night sky was in full effect as was the full moon. The howls became increasingly louder and you had hoped that your smell would mask the scent of your prey in order to avoid conflict.

You shifted back into your human form and shook off the snow in your hair before entering your tent to change into your clothes. The cold never bothered you much because of your wolfblood but you'd at least have the decency of covering yourself despite being alone.

Your little campsite you set up wasn't completely ideal but it was enough for you to work around with. You had a tarp to cover you from the snow and it would allow you to cook up anything without the weather interrupting with a small firepit in the middle.

You created a fire with a spare lighter you kept after leaving the last city you last resided in. You were undoubtly able to eat raw meat without getting sick but you much prefered cooked meat. You always thought it tasted a little more better that way. It has been a few days since you had eaten as the weather made it hard to hunt so you were pretty thrilled to finally fill your stomach.

Your thoughts quickly scrambled and you suddenly became alert. The growls you would usually hear from afar were much closer to the point that you could even faintly smell them. You made a grimace. You've never encountered an animal that smelled that bad, nor did you ever want to but it seemed that they wanted to interrupt your nice little dinner.

You quickly ran to your tent to acquire your beloved duel katanas that never failed you. You would have shifted back into your wolf form to take care of the wolves coming towards your area but you'd rather be as quick and clean as possible. Fighting with swords were, of course, never clean but it was much more prefered than matting your fur with blood.

You faced the direction in which the growls were coming from. You squinted, seeing faint figures in the distant. Something wasn't right.

Are those... Humans?

No. Their smell and the sounds they make couldn't possibly be human. No matter, anyways. They were gonna die. How dare they interrupt your meal time?

You took off in yet another sprint towards your pursuers, avoiding to hit the trees that got in your way. 'I'll be quick,' you thought. 'This will be over in no time.'