Meet Mia

The gate downstairs buzzed and up walked Sargent Trudy Platt. She had two other people following behind. One was a tall man dressed in a smart suit with a lieutenant badge. The other person was a woman who let her hair hang down, dressed in what looked like a a smart but everyday outfit.

*Kind of like this*

The whole team stopped and stared, the girl had her head down and was avoiding eye contact

The whole team stopped and stared, the girl had her head down and was avoiding eye contact. Jay Halstead then stood up and opened Hank Voight's office door.

"Hey Sarge! You have a visitor." Said Jay.

Voight got out of his chair and walked out of his office, closing the door behind him.

"Hey Trudy! What have we got today?" Asked Voight.

Trudy stepped out of the way to reveal the girl and the Man.

"This is Lieutenant James from the New York SWAT team." Said Trudy.

"Hello Lieutenant. Is something wrong?" Asked Voight.

"Yeah. Remember the Email I sent you about your new team member?" Asked Lieutenant James.

"Yeah, you said she would be joining in September." Responded Voight.

"Yeah. Well something came up and here she is." Said Lieutenant James.

"Oh well nice to meet you and welcome to the team. What's your name?" Asked Voight holding out his hand.

The Lieutenant pushed the girl forward and whispered in her ear "be nice".

"I'm Mia." She said, shaking Voight's hand.

"Nice to meet you."

"Yeah right. I just got dumped on you and your team like a child with out a home. I don't want to here and you probably don't want me here."

"I thought I told you to be nice." Said the Lieutenant.

"Thank you Lieutenant, I think she will be a great part of the team." Said Voight, returning to his office.

"No problem. See you around Sargent." Said Lieutenant James.

James pulled Mia aside and spoke to her privately, whilst walking with her out of the precinct.

"This will be good for you. I know you like to work with us but it will be good for you to work with a different team. Rufus is in the car and so is your gear. The car is yours now, here are your keys. Visit me in New York sometime. Bye Mia, see you in three days." Said James. He hugged Mia goodbye and then got in his car and drove off.

Mia opened the cargo bed of her car to see Rufus her German Shepherd waiting patiently for her. Her box of guns and gear was also in the car with her many suit cases of clothes.

"C'mon boy!" He hopped out the back of her Ford Raptor and sat at her side. She picked up her box of gear and carried it upstairs, locking her car behind her.

Trudy saw her at the front desk and walked up to her

Trudy saw her at the front desk and walked up to her. She opened the gate to the bullpen for her and stroked Rufus's head. Rufus ran up the stairs first and started sniffing around, meeting new people. Everyone turned round to look at Voight stood outside his office, looking down at the dog.

"Who's that?" He asked as he screwed up his nose.

"It's a dog Voight not a poisonous snake. His name is Rufus."

"Get him out of here."

"He would be a great asset to the team."

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because this isn't narcotics or the K9 unit. Get him out of here."

Rufus stood by Mia's side before walking up to Voight and raising his paw. Hank just looked down at him before Rufus whined.

"Hi." Hank said.

"He wants you to shake his hand."

"What is he? A prince?"

"No, he's a dog." Said Mia.

"Oh is he now?" Said Hank with a very serious look on his face.

"Yeah. He's adorable Hank." Said Kim.

"What is he, like an animal support dog?"

"No. He did go into places with us. He was a trained combat dog until a certain incident and I pulled him out of work."

"What happened?" Asked Adam.

"My partner and I went into this crack house. They had set up traps for all of us and when Rufus stepped on one, a knife came out and stabbed him."

"Wow. He survived that?"

"Yes. Otherwise he wouldn't be standing here today, would he?"

"How is your partner feeling about all this?"

"He's fine." She said, cutting her sentence short.

She placed a case on the table that she was holding and got out a key to unlock it.