𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫 6࿐⋆why must i be here? It's christmas⋆

Start from the beginning

"Oh no, Y/N dropped the Quaffle after getting hit by a Bludger from the Slytherin Beater Rigel Diggory. It might be a bit confusing if I refer to them both by their last names. They're cousins, you see. But I think Y/N is nicer than Rigel, he can be a bit harsh if he wants. Y/N is now talking to him, I think she's angry. . ."

"You almost broke my shoulder, you shithead!" Y/N yelled. "I am your cousin!"

"You're a Gryffindor Chaser and I am a Slytherin Beater!" Rigel yelled back. "I can't play favourites! Also, guess what? I enjoy hitting you with Bludgers very much!"

Y/N flashed him the finger and soared away in search of the Quaffle.

"The Slytherin Chaser- I forgot his name. . . He's attempting the first goal and Ronald Weasley is the Keeper for Gryffindor this year. He looks really confident, I think he's going to save it. . ."

Ron did save it. Y/N immediately flew over to catch the Quaffle, throwing Ron an appreciative look as she rounded her broomstick in a half-circle and streaked to the Slytherin goalposts.

With half an hour of the game gone, Gryffindor were leading sixty points to zero, Ron having made some truly spectacular saves, some by the very tips of his gloves, and Y/N having scored four of Gryffindor's six goals. Luna was now telling everyone about the different shaped clouds in the sky.

"Seventy-Zero to Gryffindor!" said Professor McGonagall loudly, earning a few laughs from the crowd.

"Oh I didn't notice," said Luna. "That cloud over there is shaped like a Lion, I think that's the reason for Gryffindor's luck today, it is possible."

Blaise and Y/N were neck to neck, the Quaffle was in Y/N's hands. She was zigzagging towards the goalposts, determined not to lose the Quaffle to Blaise but her hopes seemed to crash when Rigel leveled with them, aiming a Bludger in her direction.

Y/N dived down and the Bludger hit Blaise instead. But it definitely did not look like a mistake. The Bludger seemed like it was aimed very specifically for Blaise. Grinning, Y/N threw the Quaffle through the hoops.

It seemed as though Gryffindor could do no wrong. Again and again they scored, and again and again, at the other end of the pitch, Ron saved goals with apparent ease. He was actually smiling now, and when the crowd greeted a particularly good save with a rousing chorus of the old favorite "Weasley Is Our King," he pretended to conduct them from on high.

"Thinks he's something special today, doesn't he?" said a snide voice, and Harry was nearly knocked off his broom as Harper collided with him hard and deliberately. "Your blood-traitor pal . . ."

Madam Hooch's back was turned, and though Gryffindors below shouted in anger, by the time she looked around, Harper had already sped off. His shoulder aching, Harry resumed his search for the Snitch. But his face broke into a proud smile when he saw Y/N ram into Harper roughly in the opposite direction, almost throwing him off the broom.

"Are you okay?" She shouted at Harry. He nodded, grinning.

"I wonder where the Slytherin Seeker is going this fast," said Luna through her megaphone. "He seems like he's something really valuable. . ."

Harry's stomach dropped out of the sky; Harper had spotted what Harry had not: The Snitch was speeding along high above them, glinting brightly against the clear blue sky.

Harry accelerated; the wind was whistling in his ears so that it drowned all sound of Luna's commentary or the crowd, but Harper was still ahead of him, and Gryffindor was only a hundred points up; if Harper got there first Gryffindor had lost . . . and now Harper was feet from it, his hand outstretched. . . .