Chapter 20

"What is the power house of the cell?" Hinata confidently asked.

Tsukishima scrunched up his nose. "You've asked that same question for the third time, is that what you only know?"

Hinata heated up, smokes coming out of his ear.

"AHHHHH! TSUKISHIMA!"

You waved your hand. "Calm down, Hinata-senpai,"

You turned to Tsukishima disapprovingly and secretly kicked him on his shin under the table.

Tsukishima let out a silent grunt, before looking up to you to glare.

"Your patience is as thin as a tissue paper you use to wipe your butt," you snickered.

Yamaguchi hid his laugh with a cough.

"For your information, I use the spray," Tsukishima glared. "I have high hygiene, unlike you,"

You raised an eyebrow. "Oh?"

Kageyama leaned in from across the table, looking at the both of you.

"The both of you need to stop bickering," Kageyama lowly said.

Hinata raised an eyebrow at that.

"Since when did you become interested in stopping the two of us?" Tsukishima asked.

Kageyama's lips twitched into a smirk.

"I just wanted to help you concentrate," the setter said. "And besides, if you won that trivia competition, then you would give us your homework passes,"

Tsukishima frowned, his hand rolling into a fist.

"Who said I'm going to give them away?"

"Okay guys, stop fighting," Hinata waved his hands.

Tsukishima snapped this neck to his elderly.

"Don't tell me you're helping only because you want a homework pass,"

Hinata blinked before his cheeks burning red, answering Tsukishima's doubt.

"How about you?" Tsukishima turned to you this time.

You snickered. "What? No! I'm helping you because I want to,"

You nudged him playfully.

"Y'know, friends help friends,"

Tsukishima scoffed, turning away from you. "I'm surrounded by idiots,"

Yamaguchi giggled.

†   †   †

"You take the whisk and bat it fast but gently. Just let your blood flow through your veins and down your arm—"

Shio scoffed, snatching the bowl from you.

"Y'know, there's a wonderful word called 'mix'," He started mixing the frosting in a correct speed. "Don't try to make things more complicated,"

You laughed. "Don't be salty, Shio-san,"

You were about to get another bowl of frosting when you accidentally bumped into Shio's shoulder, making him jerk the bowl and splatter some of the substance into his spectacles.

"Shit! Sorry—"

Shio waved his hand dismissively, smiling. "Don't worry about it,"

He took off his glasses his tounge slightly poking out as he wiped his spectacles with his apron.

Oh damn. . . That was hawt.

You went red as you turned away.

"Anyways. . ."

You turned to him again, only to notice he had a wipe of frosting on his cheek.

"You have a–" you can't find the right word so you pointed to your own cheek.

Shio raised an eyebrow, staring at you for a while and then suddenly 'ahh'-ing as if he finally understands.

"Well," he smiled at you. "Aren't you gonna wipe it for me? You know, like in those cheesy and cliché romantic movies,"

The two of you stared at each other before bursting out in laughter at the same time.

You took a clean tissue and gently wiped it off his cheek, smiling and turning red.

"If you just want me to be close to you, you should have just asked," you said, going along the playful flirting.

Shio smiled at you as you wiped the remaining frosting.

You heard the door open, thinking it was just another employee, you continued to clean his cheek up.

Finally done, you threw the tissue in the nearby bin.

"Sorry, It might be a little sticky. I should have used wet wipes," you mumbled.

Shio was quite but nevertheless, he picked up the whisk, continuing to mix the frosting and dropping a little bit of pink food coloring.

You washed your hands quickly and went back to your working station.

You looked up, sensing a burning gaze. Tsukishima stood there, his hand still on the door knob and eyes averting to you and Shio.

He finally locked eyes with you and stared for a while.

You heart dropped.

He saw what happened.

And to be honest, you have no idea why were you suddenly feeling like this.

Tsukishima blinked and looked at the ground.

He silently went out the door, not saying a word to you. You pursed your lips.

You weren't supposed to feel like this, right? You and Shio were helping each other out.

While you and Tsukishima were. . . friends? Acquaintances?

You bit your lip and placed you hands on the metal table. Shio looked over to you worriedly.

Everything was okay, why did the mood suddenly change?

You looked up to see the door that Tsukishima had walked out to.

What the hell is happening to you?

I'm sorry this took long.

I just helped my parents pack our things because we were moving houses.

And a family member passed away.

Happy 20th chapter to us ig?