Kanto: Spearow Attack

AN: Here's the next part to this Pokemon story. I hope you all enjoy it.

After the two left Pallet Town, once Ash got back to his house to get some supplies for his journey and introduced his mother to Pikachu, they were walking down the trail with Ash looking at his Pokédex and remembering Professor Oak telling him that it was special. Curious, Ash thought, but how special is it? Not wanting to bother much further, Ash put the Pokédex in his pocket and began to think about which Pokemon he should catch first.

Pikachu, who was riding on his shoulder, looked at him and asked, 'What are you thinking about, Ash?'

Ash said while thinking, "I want to catch my first Pokemon and I'm wondering which one it will be."

Pikachu looked around the area and saw it had all sorts of Bug types, Grass types and Flying types. He then said, 'Why don't you just catch the ones around here? They all seem pretty strong.'

"Yeah, but the thing is, I want to make my first catch special. My mom, the professor and Gary told me that a Pokémon's mood is based on how a trainer is. If the trainer is good, the Pokemon will treat them kindly. If the trainer is bad, the Pokemon will ignore their commands," Ash explained to his little companion.

Pikachu then asked curiously, 'But, what if you run into a trainer who is bad, but they treat their Pokemon in a good way?'

Ash furrowed his eyes when he was asked that because he remembered his mother telling him of criminal organizations that do that. Not only do they tend to steal Pokemon from other trainers, but the Pokemon they have in their possession are used to do bad things. And it's people like them that make Ash's blood boil. Ash looked at Pikachu and said to him, "Pikachu, I don't see those trainers as people. In fact, I don't even see them as human. Pokemon have feelings themselves and it's those "people" that tend to use them badly. And I would rather sell my soul to a demon to protect all Pokemon from people like them!"

Pikachu nodded a little bit when he saw the scary look on Ash's face. It was then that Ash saw a Pokemon on the side of the path and Ash took out his Pokédex to see the entry. In it the Pokédex said, 'Pidgey: The Tiny Bird Pokemon. A Normal and Flying type. It's very docile, but if attacked it will often kick up sand to protect itself rather than fight back.'

Once he saw the entry, Ash smiled, looked at Pidgey, who was pecking the ground for seeds, and thought, perfect

Once he saw the entry, Ash smiled, looked at Pidgey, who was pecking the ground for seeds, and thought, perfect. I'll have that Pidgey be my first catch. Ash looked at Pikachu and said, "You ready, buddy?"

Pikachu looked at bird Pokemon, nodded and leapt on Ash's shoulder. Ash told Pikachu to use an electric type move to weaken and paralyze it a little and Pikachu used Thunder Wave to paralyze it. Pikachu also used Quick Attack on the Pidgey that weakened it a little. Seeing Pidgey was helpless, Ash took out a pokéball, tossed at Pidgey till it hit it and a red light came out and sucked the little Pokemon in.