Kanto: The Journey Starts

AN: Before I begin, this is a fanfic from my own mind and it's not a prompt. For the past few days, I've been getting into this manga some of you might have heard of. It's called 'Pokemon Adventures.' Now, I haven't read it, but I heard a lot of people like it and how under appreciated it is because it's like 'Jojo's Bizarre Adventure' Pokemon style. So, with that, if any of you have heard of the Pokemon manga and know anyone has read it, or if you read yourselves, I want to say you or them are awesome!😉Anyway, let's get on with the story.😊

On a television, a Pokemon battle is taking place between Nidorino, a Poison type, and Gengar, a Ghost type. The two Pokemon were fighting swiftly against each other with Nidorino launching a Poison Sting at its opponent. However, Gengar wasn't only a Ghost type Pokemon, it was also a Poison type too and Nidorino's Poison Sting didn't have much effect on it. It was then that Gengar's red eyes started to glow and it hit Nidorino with the move Confusion, which is super effective towards Poison types.

Taking the Confusion hard, Nidorino fainted on the battlefield and the announcer declared Gengar the winner. Watching the whole battle was a boy who was laying on his bed and reading a book and the boy smiled and thought, good job Gengar. It was then that there was a knock on the boy's door and a woman with brown hair tied up in a ponytail walked in and said, "Ash, you're still up? You should've been asleep a while ago."

The boy named Ash is twelve years old and starting tomorrow, he's gonna set out on his Pokemon journey. Ash smiled at the woman and said, "Relax mom. I'm getting to that. I'm just catching up on some reading while watching a Pokemon battle on TV."

Ash's mom, Delia, turned the television off with the remote, looked at her son and said, "I know you don't want me to worry, but tomorrow is your big day and well..."

Ash placed a the book down on his nightstand, got up from his bed to his mother and gave her a peck on the cheek. He smiled at her and said, "It's okay mom. I know I should've started two years ago, but you remember that things happened and I had to put things off then. But I'm ready now and starting tomorrow, I'm heading down to Professor Oak's lab and getting my starter."

Delia smiled and her son and in her mind, she was proud that he was becoming a man. The woman then said, "Well, if you want that dream to come true, you better get some sleep."

Ash nodded, said good night to his mother as she left the room and shut the door. Ash soon set his Voltorb alarm clock to the time he was supposed to get up, turned off the light on his lamp and laid down on his bed. Ash looked at his bedroom ceiling and then to the wall where the posters of the three Kanto starters, Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Charmander, hung.

Ash smiled as he looked at the posters and wondered which one he'll get. He soon let out a yawn and thought as his eyes slowly lowered, I wonder which one I'll get. As soon as Ash got to sleep, he began to dream about the events of two years ago. On that day, Ash just turned ten and he was heading towards the professor's lab when he looked up towards the sky and he saw something coming towards him.

Before he could get out of the way, the mystery object crashed into Ash and he laid on the ground covered in scrapes and cuts from when he hit the ground and he was bleeding pretty hard. The boy looked up to see his mother hovering over him and looking in worry along with other people who began to surround Ash and try to help him. Ash didn't remember what happened after because pretty soon, he passed out.

It's while Ash was unconscious that a voice in mind and it said to him, "You have a pure heart. You care not only for the people around, but Pokemon as well. I have a feeling you're going to be a great trainer and leader to all in the future." And soon after it said that, Ash woke up to find himself in the hospital with his mother by his bedside waiting along with his childhood friend and rival Gary who decided to keep her company.