I kept my head down staring towards the bodies, trying to focus on the parts of my body that I could feel, but the metallic smell began to overwhelm my senses at the distance I was. I briefly felt the shift in atmosphere before Loki was upon me.

"Are you alright?" he asks looking me over for any visible injuries.

"I'm fine." Not meeting his eyes I turned to walk away from him, but was stopped short as he gripped onto my lower arm. I stood in place for a moment before looking to where our skin met.

"Look at me." he ordered, reaching towards me he grabbed my chin between his fingers and faced me to him. I said nothing as he looked into my eyes and held my stare.

I didn't know what to say, I didn't know how to act, I didn't know how to feel because the feeling of having him not there while they snuck into the room and held a knife to my throat terrified me. Made me feel stuck inside my own head, with no escape. Not knowing if I was going to make it or if he would eventually find my dead, rotting corpse on the ground cold, and clammy. I didn't know if he would bring it back to the palace and have a proper ceremony or bury me in the woods. Somewhere no one could find me, no one could lay flowers upon my grave, no one could speak to me.

Regenerative skin could only go so far and if he were to just cut me deep, I don't know if I would make it.

Yet, on the other hand I had almost accepted it in a way. That if this was mean't to be the end then I was just going to have to accept. I wasn't going to fight it, and I don't know if the thought alone frightened me more.

"Come with me." He said pulling me out the door and into a small broom closet at the end of the hall. A ladder standing in the back corner leading to a hatch which I could only assume was to the roof top. He lead me to it and gestured for me to climb first, so I did. Gripping onto the wood bars of each level, I hauled myself up to the top twisting and pushing the heavy metal handle of the hatch until it popped open.

I placed either hands on the sides of the roof as I pushed myself up to stand. It was night now, the stars filled the sky and the moon shone brightly beside them. The cool breeze nipped at the bare skin where my clothes didn't cover me completely.

I put my hands on either side of myself, rubbing my arms against the skin that began to form goosebumps.

Loki was up soon after me, and stood not far behind, "Why did you bring me here?" I asked.

"Why did you let me?"

I huffed laugh, shaking my head, "Always answering my questions with questions of your own."

I turned to him, but there was no trace of humour to be seen on his face. He stepped towards me, his body tall enough to tower over me.

"What's wrong?" he questioned.

"Nothing, I'm fine. Like I said before."

"You're clearly not." he continued, looking down into my eyes.

"What is it to you?"

"Oh we're not starting this again."

"And what would that be exactly? You continuously 'letting me in' and then pushing me away, but when I do it it becomes this big inconvenience to your time."

"I never said that."

"Well, that's what it feels like, and besides... it doesn't matter now. It's over and dealt with." I turned away trying to get as much space between me and him as possible.

I looked towards the sky, and in a matter of seconds I could feel the front of him pressed against my back. The warmth from his body seeped into mine and I began to lean into the touch. I could feel his breath against my skin as he placed his head between the nook of my neck and wrapped his arms around my waist.