Chapter Sixteen

Comincia dall'inizio

"Even when I had nothing I had Bucky." Steve admitted, "I should've believed her, god she was always right about this sort of thing."

"Who?" Sam looked at the blond confused. 

"Cassie, her and Bucky were engaged when he fell off the train. She was in the Howling Commandos with us. Everyone claimed she was crazy for know that she could tell if someone was dying." 

"She knew people were going to die?" Sam looked at Steve like he was crazy, 

"She thought it was something stupid. But she knew that my mother died before she found out the news, she knew that her mother in the circus was dead before she found out. Even when we were going on our mission where Bucky fell off the train, she knew something was up." He paused 

"She said it wasn't the same feeling she usually got when someone died, but it was similar. It also came before our last mission together." Steve looked down at the 24" aluminium ball chain around his neck, that was under his shirt. 

The Phantom Fox listens in detail about the conversation going on. She still kept her face forward, blank and emotionless like always. The names used were familiar to her though, the name 'Bucky,' and 'Cassie,' they just couldn't put her finger on it. 

The Strike member noticed her face slightly cringe, and he knew exactly what was happening. The redhead was gaining a memory. He didn't want to die a painful death of her black mist, so he did what Pierce had told all the Strike members to do. 

"We need to get a doctor here. We don't put pressure on that wound she's going to bleed out here-" Sam looked over at the Strike member beside him after looking at Natasha's shoulder. But he was cut off by both of the guards turning on their electric batons. 

The Strike member looked over at the void soldier, everyone else was confused at what he was doing, even the one beside him looked at him confused. Even if you couldn't see the face under the tight helmet. 

He reached forward to the soldier and hit her on the back of the neck. She wasn't even making a move to stop him, she just let him knock her out. She realized being knocked out with a shock would probably be less painful than a memory. 

An inaudible groan came from her before his body lay limp on the seat. But when the guard pulled back, he was hit with an electric baton and kicked in the head. "Ah, this thing was squeezing my brain." Maria Hil told after taking off the helmet, 

"Who's this guy?" 

*****

The Phantom Fox came back to reality, the first thing she realized was that her hands were tied behind her back, she was sitting on a stone-ground with how cold it was. And her ankles were also tied. 

She would've scoffed at whoever tried to 'Kidnap' her. With her super soldier strength, she could rip out of the rope with ease. But she didn't open her eyes, she didn't know if anyone was looking at her. So she used her other scenes to identify where she was. 

The only things she could hear was the sound of water dripping every five seconds and the muffled sound a beeping noise. She didn't know what it was from, but she guessed it was from an IV Machine Pump. There was muffled talking, she quickly realized it was her targets voice. 

Did her targets kidnap her? 

But why?

She guessed from the muffled voices she was in a different room than the others. Not a cell with bars. A basement cell maybe. Maybe a heavy stainless steel door. She eventually let her eyes flutter open, blinking a few times to get used to the light.