27

"The bright aura and the cherry blossom petals are getting irritating."

You squinted your eyes, removing them from the sky. You stared down the path you were currently walking on.

You headed for the courtyard to gaze at the surroundings. You were pretty impressed. For a game, the graphics were insanely detailed. No wonder the game was pretty famous.

If only you paid a bit more attention...

As you wandered around the school, it didn't take long before a bell rung. It echoed throughout the campus. Seeing you confused, an A.I acting as a teacher call you and sent you to class.

"Home Economics..." You read the tag above the door. You slid the door open. The chatter halted upon your appearance. Then whispers ensued.

Out of everyone present, Yuki was the only one who wasn't an A.I. She waved at you. "Yo!"

The teacher standing in front cleared her throat. "(N/n). You're late for today. No matter, take your spot beside your partner."

"My what?" You asked. She was just as confused as you. "Your partner, Yuki? I do hope you didn't forget that we're baking in pairs?"

"...Of course. I'm a feeling a bit strange for today, I'm sorry." The teacher waved her hand at your apology. "No problem. Make sure to make it in time next time."

You nodded before making your way to Yuki. The teacher let out a garbled sentence, catching you and Yuki off guard. The students didn't seem to feel the same. The teacher's words only became clear at the end. "I do hope you students make great tasting cupcakes! The icing and flavor is up to you, now good luck!"

"What the fuuuck...?" You whispered over to Yuki. She wore the same look of wry. "What the fuck indeed."

As if magic, baking supplies and ingredients appeared right in front of you. At this point, the two of you just shrugged it off entirely. You were more surprised at the fact that there were multiple ovens were displayed in this room.

"Ah, cupcakes. How generic..." You hummed to yourself as you observed the ingredients. At a nearby sink, Yuki went ahead and washed her hands. Using a nearby kitchen towel, she dried them off.

By your side, a clip, hairnets, and a hair tie was laid. You took out a hair tie out of the pile and turned to your partner. "Nee, Yuki. Turn around."

Her eyebrow rose, yet she obeyed nonetheless. You placed the hair tie on between your lips as you used both your hands to gather her hair up carefully. Yuki was caught off guard. From where you stood, you could see a faint pink hue up to the tips of her ears.

You paid no mind to such and continued, running your fingers through her hair as soon as you were done. Yuki coughed, not moving from her position to face you. A chuckle escaped your lips. "I'm done. I'll go wash my hands before we get started, alright?"

"Yeah!"

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

"You're doing great." You encouraged Yuki as she poured the batter in the cupcake tins laced with the wrappers. You stood relatively close to her, currently making the icing. You peeked at her face. She was focused, expression filled with pure concentration.

You only smiled to yourself as you looked away, now focusing on your current task. You used an electric mixer to stir the icing. You poured another spoon of powdered sugar to the mix, letting it stir for longer before shutting it off.