[ 18 ] MAYBE WE'RE SOULMATES

"GIVE IT BACK, DEAR."
︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶

your mum suggests, petting milo whilst the cat lazily purrs on her lap. you give them both a quick kiss and nod, "yeah, i'll go tomorrow after school."

"why not right now?" your mum raises an eyebrow, milo melts into her touch as she pets him and you can't help but smile at the sight. not in the mood to argue, you give in, nodding.

"sure." you sling the tie over your arms and slide your feet into a pair of worn out sneakers. "i'll go now, is it okay if i head to mina's afterwards?"

your mum nods and reaches for the tv remote, wanting to make the most out of her (very rare) days off. "give the tie back and go to mina's or wherever." she gives you a pointed look, "just be back before dinner, dear. the sun sets in an hour."

"you know i will." you laugh, reaching for the front door and stepping through the frame. it's hot, the sun's saturated rays kiss your skin and you slide on a pair of sunnies. "i need an icy pole." you mumble, craving something cold.

looking both ways for cars and seeing none, you cross the road and make your way to the twins' house. you knock on the door twice, pulling your shirt out to try and cool down.

"is nobody home?" you mutter under your breath, taking out your phone to call one of the boys. you click on osamu's number first, since he's usually at home.

"come on... come on... damn." when the boy doesn't answer the call, you scroll further down to see atsumu's number. clicking on the contact and calling the blonde.

your phone rings for a few minutes, and just as you're about to hang up and go to mina's — he picks up, out of breath.

"hey y/n!" he greets you with a smile you don't even have to see to know is there, "how are ya!"

"hey 'tsumu, i came to return that tie your brother lent me for school a few weeks ago," you explain, "are you home?"

"yes and also no." he laughs, "i'm at home but i can't really get to the door right now, princess."

"what do you mean?" you scrunch your nose at his statement, curious to what he's on about. "where are you, atsumu?"

the line goes silent for a few seconds before his voice calls out to you, much closer and louder. "look up, y/n!"

you look up, only to see the blonde on the roof of his house. he waves at you and an amused chuckle slips past your lips as you end the call. "hi!"

"it's hot, isn't it?" the boy asks, giving you a knowing look as you laugh.

"i'd say hot is an understatement, actually." you pause, and then burst out laughing, "oh my fucking god, are we talking about the weather?"

"noo! not the old people conversations."

"please." you grin, "what are you even doing on your roof?"

"honestly? nothing." the boy admits, "there's just more of a breeze up here and it feels so much better than being in that stuffy house." he explains.

you nod, stuffing your hands into your pockets and stepping back, "is it okay if i come back later? i need to give this back." you say, referring to the tie looped around your wrist.