[ 17 ] HEART SHAPED COOKIES

key! n/n = nickname <3

"YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!"

︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶

the boy huffs for the seventeenth time in the span of two minutes. you roll your eyes and step back from the bowl with all the batter inside it, "okay fine then. you do it if i'm so terrible at cooking!"

he takes the wooden spoon right out of your hands and starts mixing. "i think i will." you stand behind him awkwardly, unsure of what to do. "bet i'm better at decorating the cookies than you are." you laugh, in an attempt to lighten the mood.

he scoffs, "oh yer an idiot, y/n." you stick your tongue out and grab a packet of icing from the counter, "maybe, but still better than you." osamu holds up the bowl, the batter inside has fluffy peaks. "i'm done mixing, ya wanna help make the icing?"

you grin, grabbing another bowl from the kitchen cabinets and setting it on the tabletop. "yeah, but only if you let me lick the spoon." he nods, "sure whatever, i'll let ya have the icing, n/n."

you visibly gasp and turn around on your heels, pointing an accusatory spoon at the boy. "wait did you just,, did you just call me n/n??"

he blinks, trying to avert your gaze. "yeah? are you not comfortable with that?" he asks, raising an eyebrow, "fuck. i'm sorry i thought—"

"oh no," you wave your hands out, smiling. "i just didn't think i'd hear that coming from a guy like you."

osamu raises a brow, turning back to his batter, relieved, as you start to prepare the icing. "what do you mean a guy like me?"

"oh you knowwww," you laugh, "dark, mysterious wattpad fanfic kinda guys. all emo but secretly soft for the person they like." he says nothing for a hot minute and you turn around, only to see him quietly laughing into his arm. (he rolled up his sleeves for baking)

"yer stupid." he states, as if it was the most greatest discovery mankind had ever made. "really stupid." he adds for extra emphasis.

"i know." you deadpan. "it's my only personality trait," you scrunch your nose when he doubles over, holding onto the kitchen counter for support, "why are you laughing so much? it's weird."

"i don't even know," he apologises, holding both hands up and turning around, you watch him pick up a rolling pin and get the batter. "stop staring at me and get ta work, n/n." he says over his shoulder.

scoffing, you shake your head and turn back to the bowl of half made icing in front, a huge smile plastered on your lips.

not too long after, osamu has the cookie batter made and all rolled out for the oven - you've got the icing ready to go too. it takes about forty minutes for the oven to get the raw batter to a crispy, slightly chewy texture.

"hey osamoo!" you turn off the alarm you set on your phone, "i think the cookies are done."

"firstly, what the heck did you just call me?" you're about to speak when he cuts you off, crouching down and pulling a pair of kitchen mittens onto his hands. "you know what? i don't even wanna know, let's just get these cookies out."

"weak," you whisper under your breath. the boy just pretends he didn't hear you as he takes the tray out and sets it on the kitchen counter. "wow, look at these bad boys!" you exclaim, osamu can't help but agree, they do look amazing.

"now we just needa decorate them." he reaches for the bowls of icing you made, the bigger one is strawberry, and the smaller one has chocolate icing in it. "can you grab a piping bag for me?" he asks, using a whisker to give them one last good mix.