[ 20 ] BUBBLEGUM GIRL

"MINA?"

you ask groggily, "hey y/n!" mina greets you over the phone, "how are ya?" since it's facetime, you can see her bright smile and tousled pink hair.

"i'm great, but why are you calling me this early in the morning, it's five am." you deadpan, glancing over at the clock on your bedside table, it's red numbers illuminating the dimly lit room.

"welllll, i was so excited i had to call you and give ya the big news!" she beams, falling back onto her bed with a huge grin painted on her pink lips. "do you wanna know what is is?〜"

"now that i'm up, you might as well tell me." you yawn, sitting up in your bed and setting the phone against your propped up knees. you rub your eyes as milo jumps onto your lap, not happy with all the noise.

"we'll, you remember your hot neighbours, riiiiight?" she asks, sticking a tongue out, you lower the volume, not understanding how someone can be so energetic so early in the morning and nod, lazily petting milo.

"you mean the miya twins? how you begged for their numbers?" you chuckle at her unamused expression. the pinkette crosses her arms over her chest, pouting — you shake your head and smile softly. "i'm kidding, i love you but yes, i remember."

"so we've been talking, after you gave him my number," she bounces back to her usual cheery self, an enthusiastic look in her eyes, "aaand guess what?"

"what's up?" you ask, finding yourself invested in what she's trying to tell you.

mina beams, bringing the phone extremely close to her face and ecstatically screaming into it, "he's been in a good mood lately so we've been talking more often and he wanted to meet up!"

"oh my god! really?" you gasp, milo jumps off your lap, annoyed at how much noise the two of you are making. you rub your eyes, trying to fight the fatigue, "that's amazing, where are you two gonna go?"

"i'm not sure, maybe out for ice cream? or to the park?" she taps her chin in thought and gives you a soft smile when you yawn again. "you know what? i'll tell ya the details in the morning, you get some rest for now, alright?"

"huh? noooo tell me now because i'm curious!" you groan, "please mina — don't leave me on a cliffhanger!"

mina winks, zipping her lips shut and setting a lone finger to them. "i'm gonna tell you tomorrow, when you're wiiiiiide awake, good night y/n!!"

"fineeee, 'night mina, i know you're exited but get some rest." you tell her sternly, she only laughs sheepishly before ending the call, not giving you the chance to say anything to the girl.

mina <3 | 5:56 AM

you
NO I MEANT FOR REAL
SLEEP OKAY
mina reacted with '🔫'

mina <3
NO I DONT WAN T TO
IM GONNA STAY UP
THINKING ABT TMRW
YOU GO TO SLEEP

you
IM ALREADY ASLEEP

mina <3
OK GOOD STAY ASLEEP
GOODNIGHTD
GOOFNOGHWT
GOOSNIGHT
GOONSOYHR
GODNIGHT
goodnight********

you
... goodnight 😃
IT ISNT EVEN THAT HARD
TO TYPE MINA

mina <3
okay FINE GO TO SLEEP
ALREADY YN LN
i-i-i-i-i love u 😣
liked by you

you shut off your phone with a content hum, slipping back into the crinkled sheets and pulling them over your head. a shifting weight on the bed tells you milo's making himself at home.