Chapter Twenty-two: Winning

Start from the beginning

Deidara received a lot of wounds but Kakashi decided to let Naruto calm down, since he already released five tails. Both Sasuke and Kakashi didn't really care if Naruto kills the Akatsuki bastard, but Naruto might kill them too if they didn't calm him down.

Nevertheless, they have Gaara now.

"We should go back and check Sakura." Kakashi suggests as Naruto woke up.

Naruto rubbed his eyes, "Huh? Where am I? I-"

"Ugh." Sasuke shook his head, "Get up you dobe."

Naruto scoffed and eventually stood up, carrying Gaara. They ran towards the hide out once more to check on Sakura.

***

When they arrived at the hide out, they saw Sakura, standing still. Her back was only thing that they were looking at. She wasn't moving, but she was standing.

But...

Sasori wasn't there anymore.

Neji, Chiyo, Tenten, Lee and Gai were all laying down, defeated but still breathing.

"Sakura!"

When Kakashi called her name, she automatically fell down, like how a domino turns down. But before she could reach the ground, the three went near her, leaving Gaara laying down the ground and eventually, Sasuke caught her.

She was drained, but still breathing. That's why she was standing still.

Kakashi gave a half smile, "The mission's a success then."

***

Gaara was taken back to Suna, and was said to be healed by a ritual even though the tailed beast was taken by Akatsuki.

Team Gai was given treatment for their wounds and bruises.

Chiyo was also back at Suna, where she recovered from the destruction that Sasori had given.

And finally, Team 7 came back to Konoha. Naruto didn't receive too much wounds, so he was only given first aid and some band aid.

And of course, Kakashi and Sasuke obviously didn't fight at all.

But Sakura's the one in crucial condition. The poison in her body still remains and it still roamed in her veins. Although she was already given treatment and operation. Now, she's at the hospital room, staring at the ceiling.

"Sakura-chan?"

She was taken aback when she heard the familiar voice over the door. She saw Naruto, with Sasuke and Kakashi.

"How are you feeling?" Naruto smiled as he placed a bouquet of daisies on the desk beside the hospital bed that Sakura was laying down.

"Daisies, huh?" she muttered, remembering the time when Sasuke was in the hospital when they were twelve before he left the village. She also gave Sasuke a daisy that represents the meaning: 'get well soon'.

Naruto grinned, "Yep! Bought them at Ino's flower shop. Man, it cost big time! Sheesh, I am never gonna buy flowers ever again."

Sakura chuckled at Naruto's remark, "Then you shouldn't have bought that for me."

The sun kissed blonde smiled, "I can manage to waste money just to buy you flowers, Sakura-chan."

Sakura returned a smile.

"Ehem," Kakashi coughed, "We're still here."

Naruto smirked, "Oh sorry. I didn't see you Kaka-sensei. Teme, you should've speak!"

Sasuke just scoffed at him.

"The Hokage said that you condition is stable now, Sakura." Kakashi said.

The pinkette nodded, "I really want to get out the hospital."

"By the way, Sasori wasn't at the hide out. Did you beat him?"

Sakura suddenly stiffed and remembered what happened.

"It's over." Sasori said. "I'll be going."

Sakura gave him a confused look, "What? I haven't beat you yet."

Sasori faced him, "You haven't, physically. Yet you already taught me things that I should've known long ago."

He began walking away, leaving Sakura.

"Haruno Sakura, you're really something. You beat me emotionally."

Sakura smiled as she ended the thought. She faced her team and gave them an eye-smile, "I guess I did."

Kakashi chuckled, "I'm proud of you."

*****

Again, sorry for the late update. Btw, I just typed this on my phone so I apologize if it's short and it has no indent like the other chaps.

Vote&Comment thanks!