t e n

"How did you get that?" Rafe asked as we walked into a dress store. "Kelce." I lied. "He fucking punched you!" He said starting to get protective. "wait.. no. My dad." I started. "He laid another hand on you?" He asked and I nodded.

"Tell someone!" He says. "He is all I have left." I said as I started looking at the dresses. "So? He doesn't love you." Rafe says and I look at him. "Wait, I didn't mean it like that. I was like-" Rafe said but I cut him off.

"Shut up." I spoke and continued looking at the dresses. "I like this one." He said, holding out a bright yellow dress. "No. That's ugly." I said.

"Fine. I'll sit here on my phone then." He said sitting down in the chair.

I grabbed a few dresses and walked into the dressing room. I first tried on a red dress and looked in the mirror. I walked out to show Rafe.

"Yea or Nah?" I asked. He looked me up and down and gave a thumbs down. I nodded and walked back into the dressing room. I then try on a black one and walk out.

He looks and quickly gives a thumbs down. I agree with him.. it was ugly. The next dress was a pretty light purple and I walked out.. It was horrible but you could probably find something better.

"Ooo! I like it! keep it in the maybe pile." He said and I nodded and walked back into the room. I then tried on an ugly white one.. I looked like I was getting married. I walked out and Rafe gave me a weird look.

"I look like I am getting married... in the 1950's" I said and Rafe laughed, as he put his thumbs down.

I walk into the dressing room and try on this last one.. It was a pretty light blue.. like a sky blue dress. I really liked it. It made me look skinny and also was gorgeous. I looked in the mirror and then walked out of the dressing room.

Rafe's face was priceless when I walked out.

"This is the one! No more! This one." He said standing up and walking towards me. "You look beautiful." He mutters as we are only like a few inches away from each other. "Get that one." Rafe said and then walked back to his seat.

"You two are just too cute together.." The old lady that was working there said. "You remind me of my husband and I when we were shopping for prom dresses.. sadly, I lost my husband a few years ago." she said.

"Oh yea.. we are-" I started to say but Rafe covered my mouth with hand. "Aw, thank you ma'am for the compliment.. I am so sorry about your husband." Rafe said. I grabbed his hand off my mouth.

"She is giving us a complaint and saying we look like her and her dead husband.. have some respect." He said to me, I rolled my eyes and walked back into the dressing room.

I changed back into my normal clothes and walked out with the dress I chose. Rafe and I walk up to the counter and I set the dress on the counter..

"Is this all?" The lady asked and I nodded. "Ok.. that's going to be.. $234.99" The lady said and I nodded and grabbed my card but when I looked back Rafe had given the lady his card. I slapped his arm.

"I could have paid for that." I said. "Yea, well.. I wanted to be nice." He said. "Fine.. time to go shopping for you!" I said and he sighed.

-

-

-

We found Rafe a suit and then we parted ways. So, we could get ready. I went home and got my dress on and did my make up. I had to cover my bruised eye and cheek.

"We need to leave soon! Hurry it up!" My dad yelled downstairs. I hurried it up and then heard a knock downstairs and then heard voices talking. As I finished, I hurried down the stairs. I looked and saw Rafe.