e i g h t

"Lunch?" Sarah asks me through my phone. "Yes please! I need to get my mind off things right now." I replied. "Mkay! I'll be over soon!" She says and hangs up.

I throw my phone on the bed and get up. I walk to my closet and start to get dressed. I wore some ripped baggy jeans with an oversized shirt just tucked in a little bit in the front. I slipped some converses on and was ready.

I heard a knock on the door and knew it must be Sarah. As I run down the stairs.. I see my dad with his beer bottles on the couch.. I sighed and just pulled a blanket over him.

I opened the front door and was shocked when I saw Rafe.

"Rafe?" I asked, annoyed. "Taylor.. We need to talk." Rafe says. "Uh.. I need to go actually. Sarah is picking me up for lunch." I spoke. "Screw her. This is important!" He raises his voice but I quickly cover his mouth so he doesn't wake my dad.

"Fine." I say letting him inside. He sees my dad and his mess. He looks at it. "Upstairs. My room." I spoke quietly.

As I went upstairs, I texted Sarah saying I can't make it.

"What is so important, Rafe?" I asked as I closed my door. "Topper's boat... it was sunk! I know I beat the shit out of Pope." Rafe says. "but I need to know if he sank the boat." Rafe says. "So, what if he did? You gonna beat the shit out of him again? Maybe kill him?" I shout.

"Taylor.. They pointed a gun at Tops head! I needed to let them know who they were messing with!" Rafe argues. "So, he did?" Rafe asked.

"I'm not sure. They dropped me off after the incident with you.." I lied. "Mm.. well it must have been him." Rafe said. "No.. they wouldn't do that." I spoke even though I knew that wasn't true.

"Look at you... they probably brainwashed you! I mean you are always on their side! Never ours!" Rafe says. "Because.. There are no sides. Y'all just made that up! It's stupid.. really it is. The Pogue vs. kook thing is old." I say.

"Hah... ok whatever. I'm leaving." Rafe says walking out. "May then... bye!" I shouted as he slammed the front door. I flinch at how loud the door was... It had to wake my dad up.

I quickly grab my keys and my phone and climb out my window. I climbed down the tree and landed on the ground. I hurried to my car, starting it and driving away.

Taylor : Where are you?

Pope : Heywards SeaFood why?

Taylor : I am on my way. Don't leave.

I texted him and then began to head to Pope. I had to tell them that they knew... or that they know a Pogue did it. Before they get to him anyways...

-

-

I arrived at Heywards Seafood and parked my car. I got out grabbing my phone. I see the Pope picking up dishes and I jog towards him.

"Pope!" I said. "Shit.. you scared me." He said almost dropping the plates.

"Pope.. They know." I said and he gave me a confused look. "Rafe... Top. They have to know. Rafe showed up to my house and asked if you did it.." I said.

"And you told him!" The Pope says. "No! No, of course not." I said. "I told him you didn't but then he said that you guys probably brainwashed me.. so they still think a Pogue did it.." I continued. "Shit." He said looking at something. I turn and look and see Topper and Rafe.

"Come on. Let's go inside." The Pope said, walking away. As I walked, I kept my eyes on them two. Topper had a straight face on, while Rafe had a smirk on his face and he sent me a wink, making me roll my eyes.