Chapter 9

All rights reserved

If you see anyone copying any work of mine tell me please!

If anyone wants to make me a cover/banner please do i would gladly love it.

When i let go of Landon i lean against my car and Carrie, Lennie, and Matthew walk out and over to us. "Hey! Told you he would be back." Carrie says to me putting her bag in my car and walking over to hug Landon. "Yeah, he shoved me and i kinda returned it." i say sheepishly and everyone laughs cause they have all been there.

Matt comes forward and 'bro' hugs my ex and starts a conversation with him about his trip in the UK. "Yeah! It was way cool." was all he says before Matt asks if he wants to go get some Ice cream with us, which he agrees automatically to.

Its just like old times i think to myself. Except i have a mate and am not dating Landon. "-o go?" Some one says before snapping their fingers in my face. "Huh?" I question, shaking out of my thoughts to see Landon looking at me biting his lip to keep from laughing. "I asked if youre ready to go." i informs me and i smile nodding my head.

We, Carrie, Landon and i, get into my car while Lennie and Matt get into their vehicle heading to 'Missy Mays' ice cream parlor. Turning on the car i flip over the radio to my CD of 5sos of course and turn it up following Matt. "I see you still love your bands." Landon casually says leaning up from the backseat to lean on the console to talk and i nod my head "heck yeah!" Is all i say before singing again.

Once at the parlor we all head in and order our ice cream mine being cookie dough before we climb into a booth and enjoy the deliciousness we bought. "So guys, anything new?" Landon asks licking his ice cream. Lennie nods, "Yeah, Derek has a boyfriend." he says pointedly looking at Landon. Lennie doesnt really like him because of what he did, and the after math he caused still causing Lennie to not want to associate with Landon. He raises his eyebrows looking at me with a wild glint in his eye before it gone. "Do you now?" He asks and i nod my head, "yeah.. His name is Kaden and he is really great.." I trail off smiling slightly thinking of him.

I snap out of it when Landon speaks again, "well thats.. Good. Anyone else have something new going on?" He asks around. Everybody shakes their head, because we obviously cant tell him bout the rouges. He bites his lip before looking at me again and scooting closer to me so our knees brush just barely, "So have you been working out?" He asks and i laugh. "oh god, how can you ask that? Im so skinny with barely any muscle." i tell him wiping away my 'tears'. "Because you have more muscle then last time, your arms are slightly bigger, and i felt your stomach when we hugged and stuff, you have a toned stomach." he tells me, and i look at him disbelievingly.

"Really? Been checking me out or what?" I ask playfully, and he nods winking causing me to freeze and my wolf to shiver in disgust. I clear my throat with an uncomfortable look on my face before scooting away slightly. He turns his head slightly before scooting closer, cornering me in the booth "whats wrong Derek?" He whispers into my ear his lips barely touching the shell of my ear and i shiver in disgust at the thought of another man being anything close to intimate to me other then Kaden so i shove him back and glare. "Dont do that." i say loudly causing everyone to look at us. "What happened?" One of them ask and i just glare, "he was too close." i grit out.

Everyone looks at him and he puts up an innocent face, "what? im sorry, wont do it again." he says to innocently and everyone nods slowly, before carrie looks back at me "hey, i should get going, dad will want us back soon." she motions to her and Lennie and i nod, "okay, lets go." We climb out of the booth and head to the vehicle. Carrie goes with Lennie and Matt after we all say goodbye, which leaves me with Landon alone.

I clear my throat and glance over at him being as he is in the passenger seat, "So uh, where do you live? Ill drop you off." I ask and he raises an eyebrow at me, "Come on, i want to see your house, and dad again." he says and i know he knows dad doesnt like him. i give him a stop bull shitting look he sighs, "Okay yeah he dont like me and for a good reason, but i wanna see whats new! Its been over a year!" He tries persuading and i sigh just giving in.

I drive home and park, we get out and walk in after unlocking the door, which means dad isnt home. "You are lucky dad is not here or he would kick you out." i tell him heading to the kitchen and grabbing a water for us before we sit on the couch. "I know huh, at least your mum loved me" he jokes and i freeze. He notices and looks at me strangely. "what.. What is wrong?" He questions "M-my mom is dead." I say causing him to gasp and reach over to hug me, "oh man im sorry i didnt know." he murmurs rubbing my back and i sniffle.

Thankfully he doesnt ask about it even though i know he is wanting to. He rocks me back and forth while i cry. Finely i stop and wipe my eyes, "Om sorry for crying on you" i apologize and he waves it off, "Now show my whats changed." he demands standing up and i crack a smile at him.

So thats what i do, i lead him around showing him the small changes we made around the house, and the pool in the backyard. He sorta fangirls about the pool and hot tub and i eventually get him to come back in. Once back in i look at the clock, 6:45 "Alright, ill take you home now, Kaden should be home soon." i say grabbing his arm and pulling him to the door but he digs his heels into the floor stopping his self. "Come on, i wanna meet him." He says but i shake my head "No, not a good idea." i try telling him but he isnt having any of it and sits on the couch folding his arms across his chest and i groan, "You know what, fine its your funeral." i tell him and sit on the couch turning the TV on and wait for My mate to come home and meet my Ex. Jeez, this wont be good, i think to myself.

A/N Short yes, im sorry, and its a crappy chapter, just work with me though. AND 7,000 reads i love y'all, you guys are amazing.