We stay in comfortable silence for a few minutes before he opens his mouth again, "Have you called your boyfriend?" 

"He's not my boyfriend, Sammy." I groan, standing up to set a few books in their place. 

"Oh, really? Charlotte's stories say otherwise." Sam smirks, walking over. He leans against the bookshelf on my right hand side while I stare at the spines, contemplating how I should take him down. "if you're thinking of a thousand ways to kill me, I have immunity." 

I raise an eyebrow, reaching down for another book, "Mmhm, and how so?" 

"Well, I've brought you a peace offering." Before I can question the boy, he pulls out an envelope and places it out the shelf before my eyes. "Open it." 

"If this is goddamn groupon for Pizza Hut, I will make sure you never have children." I glare at him, taking the envelope in my fingers. I sit back down again, and Sam mimics me. He looks anxious as I rip it open, and take out the four slips of paper. I nearly scream after I realize what I was holding. 

"Shit!" I yell, and Sam covers my mouth. In my hand, I was holding four concert tickets to All Time Low. "This is a prank. You're pranking me! Where's Ashton Kutcher? Sam--" 

"Shut up, will you?" He laughs, "I got those tickets for you, me, Charlotte, and Ky."

"Is Ky your new boyfriend?" I smirk, and he nudges me, smiling. 

"I'm working on it, hon." He smirks, "Anyway, Charlotte bailed. She has to visit her crazy aunt in Albany that weekend." 

I nod, "Aunt Mildred? The one with the hair that makes her look like she's been struck by lightning?" 

"Well, yes. To put it nicely." Sam smiles, twiddling his thumbs. "I was thinking you'd want to invite Luke along. I'm not usually one for double dates, but this could be fun." 

I laugh, "I'll call him, definitely, but how did you pull this off? We work in a Barnes and Noble, Sam." I run through all the possible reasons; credit card scheme, bank robbery, the lot.

"So I have connections." He smiles, and points to the tickets in my hand, "Two weeks. Madison Square Garden. Front freakin' row." 

"I love you!" I yelp, wrapping him into a hug, digging my fingers into his shoulder blades. When he jumps in pain, I'm forced to let go. 

"Love you, too, babe." Sam rises, and brushes off the dust from his jolly-rancher-red shorts as he does so. "Get on that call." I give him the two tickets for him and Ky, while I hold Luke and I's ticket in a death drip. He saunters off towards the elevators then, probably causing havoc for Charlotte as she manages the registers. 

I pull out my phone to dial Luke's number, and I already feel nervous. Jeez. 

Luke picks up after two rings, and I suddenly realized I've called up him up at 8 in the morning. He answers, but his voice is low, and quiet, "Only you would call me this early, Rhe." I was almost sure he wore his famous lopsided grin. 

"I've come with news," I smile, sitting back against the book cart. "All TIme Low. Two weeks. Front row seats. You in?" 

He started squealing. Or screaming. I'm not sure which, but my ear drums didn't appreciate either. I held the phone away from my face as he yelled out, "What, yes! How the hell did you manage that, Argent?" 

I explained to him that Sam's "connections" and charm seemed to have brought us luck this time around, and chuckled, "Tell him I said thank you, alright? God, this is amazing." I smiled, and agreed to pass the message along, but then the line went quiet. 

My eyebrows drew together, "Hemmings? Still there?" 

"Oh--yeah, sorry. I was just--" He speaks, abruptly, then stops himself. After a few seconds, he clears his throat and begins again. "I was wondering if you would come over to my place after work? I figured we need to talk." My heart pounded in my throat, and I wiped my sweaty palms on my jeans. 

"Yes, of course. I'll be there." I laughed, nervously.

"Okay, see you in a few hours, Rhea." He chuckles. We say our goodbyes before I end the call, taking a deep breath before I begin work again. I pull my messy hair into a ponytail, and look at my work load with tired eyes. 

There was a good chance I'd fall asleep while shelving for the next hour. 

Oh, well. 

A/N: HEY GUYS im sorry i was gone for like ever but i had school and stuff going on and I honestly didnt like how this story was turning out but I figured id finish it first and then go back and edit. i hope u enjoyed this! idk its 4am rn im tired bye frands