[aren isnt jealous... well]

[thank you @bx_alexx for the prompt it was a massive help, im going to try get around to doing more of the prompts soon]

-------

It wasn't as if aren kuboyasu was a jealous person.

If you asked him yourself whether he considered himself to be. You would always get the same reaction: a tight-lipped 'nope, that's not me'

The ex-punk is rarely jealous. He prides himself off that fact. He's rarely jealous; so why can he feel his chest burning uncomfortably whenever they are around each-other. Why can he always feel a deep heat ride along the back of his neck. Why do his palms slick with sweat, always curl into awaiting fists whenever he sees her make the boy with soft dusty blue hair smile.

The time this rise in temperature began to happen was during the period of students shifting to next class. Chiyo was humming to herself as she sat at her desk. Ankles crossed; legs swinging back and forth. She was daydreaming, about what kuboyasu didn't know. However, the way the brunette's instantly lit up at the sight of his best friend told the reason for chiyo's distant stare. Everything was simple, like always until he watched her hums turn into words and fluidity of conversation.

Chiyo made a joke. Kaidou laughed as an effort to seem polite. The joke was terrible.

(Saiki who was listening in the whole time scoffed in distaste before returning his concentration to the front and the ever building headache of Nendou forever buzzing around him. the gorilla asked him to get ramen after school again.)

Aren was getting his stuff out of his bag as he started to listen in to the words his best friend said: "kukuku Yumehara, it's clear that your humor hasn't been tainted by the unseenly advances of the forever drawing near  dark reunion" Kaidou was wiping a fake tear of laughter from the corner of his eyes and held the place he was laughing from, his stomach. '

'a laughter stitch?' aren thought, chewing the side of his lip as he remained watching the scene. He had never seen the bluette laugh like that at something the ex-punk told him before.

Yumehara blushed, disguising it with the twirling of hair around her index finger. 

Towards the subtle action, aren's eyes narrowed. Surely she couldn't make him laugh that much, surely that smile that kaidou was giving wasn't impossible to find. Anyone would make him laugh and smile like that right? he could make shun laugh and smile like that.

The idea that he possibly couldn't made a pit in his stomach furiously swell. His vision was scorching, staring at the sight of his two friends. His lips pouted together over the top of clenched teeth. 

"oh shun, you are too kind~" chiyo then purred, placing her hand upon the bandages that wrapped along the stretch of his arms. 

'first names?' 

aren's chest burned, and his face was turned down into a distasted snarl. He lifted up his glasses to hide his glare. His palms were sweaty and fists curled. the ex-punk rested the awaiting fists by his sides. One of them resting against the top of his desk. It made a sound as it crashed down. No one looked up to see what the sound was apart from a few others. they just assumed it was just kuboyasu being kuboyasu again and they all went back to their hushed whispering and giggles about what they were going to be doing at the weekend

"i thought i was the only one that called him by his first name" the purplette grumbled under his breath. aren lifted up the frame of his glasses higher up upon his face to hide the pricks of red seeping from the white's of his eyes. 

chiyo was still talking to kaidou with her smile being exposed. it was large and pearly. her hand continued to rest against the boy's crisscrossing bandages. "hey what about you come over mine, tonight?" the brunette cooed with another giggle. 

That was the moment, aren could feel something in him twist and turn, along with his thoughts that combated against each other: 'does this mean i'm going to loose shun?!' 'surely not right?' 'but what if he runs off with yumehara and they fell in love and then shun forgets all about me and then yumehara twists my thoughts and words and he ends up hating me?!!' 'what if this means that my only friend is going to be saiki?!-'

('we weren't friends to begin with' saiki thought, without turning around head still towards the front. Nendou still 'pestering him')

the purplette's face was forever growing in heat. his eyebrows drawing down in steep lines as he walked over towards the pairing. thoughts in his head continuing to uncomfortably buzz like a hive of bees on crack. 

kaidou's mouth was just about to open for his reply to yumehara, before he felt an arm(muscular in nature) drape over his shoulder, pulling the bluette in closer towards the figure. 

Aren's teeth were still gritted, however he forced a clenched smile. "ah- sorry yumehara, but shun and i were going to finish something after school" aren lied. 

chiyo's joyful expression then faded towards a slightly sadder one, her eyes slightly widening towards the strained expression upon aren's features. the tension that littered over the frame of his brown, the way veins started to bulge as his hand clenched slightly tighter around shun's shoulder.

"oh, okay." the brunette sung, wringing her hands together before going to run her fingers through the strands of her hair (that was settled under the pink hair-band she always wears) "maybe another time, kaidou"

shun then gave a brisk nod as an agreement before aren turned them around and let go of shun's shoulder.

"babe, you aren't jealous, are you?" kaidou then laughed softly into the taller man's ear, before turning back down onto the bases of his feet. They were at their assigned seats again. red eyes looked over and gave a lil laugh and smile towards chiyo who had turned around to talk to teruhashi.

aren spluttered, eyes widening as he reached around to itch the back of his neck. he denied his jealousy.

aren kuboyasu is rarely jealous after all. However, he is only jealous because of kaidou.

----------------------

[word count: 1030]

[woah im not dead thats fun!! this is probably terrible but oh well lol]