Ch 11: "Known faces"

(Katie's pov)

I woke up in a soft bunk bed. How did I get in there? Confused, I sat and heard a laugh.

???: Are you up already? Don't mind if we suddenly brought you here.

I looked to where that voice came from. It was a female grey wolf, with a black jacket, black pants, a purple t-shirt and a black scarf. She was also holding a gun, and that terrified me.

Katie: Who... Who are you??
???: Really? That was the first thing you had to ask? Never mind. I'm Willow Wolf, and you'll stay with me and my group from now on.
Katie: Wait... what!? Why?
Willow: Do you want me to kick you out of this place?

I couldn't argue with that, so I didn't say anything.

Willow: That's what I thought. Here, change your clothes.

The wolf gave me a gray dress and beret, black shoes and a couple of gloves. Before she got out I asked something to her.

Katie: Hey! What did you do to my friends?
Willow: You mean those two fox guys? We ate them alive.

I was shocked.

Willow: I tricked you, right? Don't worry, they are in another room. Now can you please leave me go in peace?

Before I could even say anything, Willow got out. I looked again at my new clothes, and put them. Gotta admit, I liked my new look. I was about getting out, when I heard some knocking.

Felix: Are you in there, Katie?
Katie: I'm here, Felix! Wait for me outside, okay??
Felix: Okay!
Foxy: Hi, Katie!
Katie: Hi, Foxy!

We all suddenly heard a voice.

Willow: Shut up!

Sigh... I sure hope I can put up with this.
I got out of the room and could smell food.

Katie: Pancakes? Who could it be?

I went to the place where the smell came from, and could see a group of animals sitting as another cat was making breakfast.

Katie: What the...
???: Oh! Are you up? Hey there, I'm Kitty, and these are Pandy, Baren, Filip and Tigry. Nice to meet you.
Katie: Wait... do I know you?
Kitty: Dunno. You seem kinda familiar to me... Wait, you were the doctor who helped me at the mall, some months ago!!
Katie: That wasn't me, I just helped a friend doing that.
Kitty: The beagle? Yeah, I remember her. Where is she?
Katie: Well...
Felix: That's not what we want to talk about for now.
Katie: Felix?
Felix: Hi, so... this is the group Willow was talking about?

I looked at all of them carefully, they were wearing a uniform, similar to mine. And so were Felix and Foxy.

Katie: Uhm... Yes, I guess.

(Felix's pov)

I looked again at Katie closely. She seemed... strong and innocent at the same time. I really liked it.

Katie: So... how do I look?

I was about to answer when our new leader, Willow, came.

Willow: It suits you... except for these... things.

She took Katie's glasses and kept them.

Felix: Hey! She cannot see without them!
Willow: Is that my problem?? If ya want to solve it, do it by yourself.

Damn, Willow is so rude. Still, I don't want an oofer bullet to get me.

Katie: It's... Okay, Felix.

I looked at her and saw her face. She was so...

Katie: I'll take these... until I find a replace for them.

She borrowed again her glasses and put them on.

Willow: Pfft... Whatever.