Chapter 13: Bad News

Start from the beginning

With the two Potters at the front, the three approached the bed where Pomfrey was. 

Kai gasped, a hand clapping over her mouth, Ron's face was more than terrified, and Harry was just speechless. McGonagall came in and approached them. 

"She was found by the library, with this miror." McGonagal explained. She picked up a small round mirror and showed it to them, "I'm awfully sorry for your loss." She said sincerely. 

Kai looked back at the bed

Kai looked back at the bed. Hermione lay there, one hand upright infront of her, probably the one she was holding the mirror in. The other was at her side, clenched in a fist. She had a look of shock and fear plastered on her face, which seemed to be looking into the mirror. 

As a tear fell down her face, Kai approached the bed slowly. She the bent over and hugged the cold and frozen form of Hermione. The tears were coming fast, and soon she was sobbing hard, holding tight to her only sister. 

You see, Hermione was like a sister to Kai, and she just couldn't imaging loosing a sister. But now she had.

As she sobbed into her cold shoulder, Kai made a promise she didn't know if she could keep or not, but would do anything to keep it. 

"We'll fix this, I promise." she said, still sobbing onto the practicaly lifeless form of Hermione. 

Harry began rubbing circles on her back, trying to calm her down. 

After a while, Kai got up and hugged her big brother tight, sobbing hard into his shoulder. He was still rubbing circles on her back with one hand, while the other held her tight. 

When her sobbing died down a bit, he decided to make a promise of his own. 

"Hey. It's ok. We will fix this. All this. That's my promise." he promised, gesturing to all the sickbeds holding the petrified students (and ghosts). 

Ron had just been staring at them, and decided to come over and hug Kai to help support her. So the three just stood there, both boys hugging their younger sister. 

>~<

"Hiya, Harry, Hiya Kai. Sorry for thinking ya were the Heirs. I know you would never hurt Granger." 

"It's ok, Seamus." 

When the three entered the Great Hall for dinner that day, everyone (except the Slytherins) was apologizing for thinking Harry and Kai were the Heirs. 

"Um, Potter?" a shy voice said, as Ron, Harry and Kai began walking to their table. The three stopped and turned around to see Daphne Greengrass standing there. ^

"I-um-just wanted to-um-appologise-on behalf of Draco, Blaise, Pansy and-um-everyone else-for thinking you were the Heir of Slytherin." she said slowly, and shyly. 

"Thank you, Greengrass." Ron said.

Daphne opened her mouth to speak but closed it and quickly ushered back to the Slytherin table. 

The now-trio sat down next to Ara and Ginny at the Gryffindor table, both of whom gave comfort and support to Kai. 

>~<

In the Gryffindor Common Room, multiple people, including the Weasleys, came to appologise and comfort Kai, Harry and Ron (mostly Harry and Kai). 

To make Kai feel better, Harry decided to write a letter home with her. (Kai Harry)

Dear Pads and Moons,

Loads going on here. To put it on short, Hermione's been petrified. She was found near the libary with a miror, which was a bit funky, but yeah. Kai cried like a Niffler again. Did not! Did too! OW! Ok, I'll shut up now. It's pretty hard to get used to, with Hermy gone, but we're coping. We think we might know something to do with who is petrifying people. Anyways, investigation are waiting to be made, so got to go. See ya!

Love,

Kai and Harry Hey! I can write my name on my own thanks! Harry

PS: Moony, have fun on your walk through the forest tonight with Snuffles ;)

A/N: The next chapters will be made gradually over a few days, so publishing might not have an exact schedule. That will be until we return to the UK and start school. Thanks for your cooperation. See ya on the next chapter!