Chapter 10: A Talk with Draco

Third Person P.O.V.

Christmas Break was just around the corner and everyone was exited. Professor McGonagall came around with a list of students that would be staying for the break. Harry, Kai, Ron, Hermione, and the other Weasleys wrote down their names. They were the only Gryffindors that would be staying. As for the other houses, many students decided to go home, especially Muggle-borns, however, word spread around that the Malfoys were staying.

"It's the perfect time." Hermione had said, "The potion will be completed in less than a week, and the school will be empty." After everyone agreed it was decided, they would have a talk with Draco over the holidays. 

>~<

"Ok, Harry, Ron, the final thing for you to do is get an extract of one of the Slytherins." Hermione explained, "Hairs are the easiest. I've already got mine, I got it from the night of the dueling club. It's Millicent Bulstrode's." 

"Harry, you get Goyle. Ron, you get Crabbe. I'll be getting mine tonight..." Kai ordered. 

She handed them each a muffin and said, "Get them to eat this, it's a Sleeping Draught, simple yet effective." They nodded and each of them headed out to get their hairs. 

After dinner that night, Harry and Ron did as they were told and levitated the muffins to Crabbe and Goyle as they exited the Great Hall. Once they fell asleep, they each pulled out a hair (Ron was utterly disgusted that he had to eat that) and shoved them into a broom closet, before returning to Myrtle's bathroom, where Hermione was finishing the last parts of the recipe. 

Meanwhile, Kai was out getting her hair. She had told Ara about their plan, and she was all in on eavesdropping on her brother, she even offered to be there incase they needed a distraction for whatever reason. 

"Hey A, could you get me a hair from Daphne Greengrass?" Kai asked her best friend. 

"Sure." Ara said, and walked over to Daphne. 

"Hi Greengrass." she greeted. 

"Hello Malfoy, what do you want?" Daphne asked, slightly annoyed at Ara, as she had had a fight with Draco recently. Daphne fancied Draco, and it was quite obvious, yet everyone knew he didn't fancy her back. They knew he fancied someone, but no one other than himself knew, and maybe, just maybe, Ara, but she never told a soul. 

"If your mad at Draco, don't be. I know who he fancies-" Ara started.

"You do?!?!" she squealed, which wasn't very normal for 'posh Daphne Greengrass'. 

"But I'll only tell you when I think your ready." Ara finished.

"Realy?! Thank you soo much!" Daphne squealed and hugged Ara, who ripped out one of her hairs. 

"Ow, what was that for?" she asked, rubbing the spot she had had her hair ripped. Ara quickly pocketed the hair.

"What was what for?" Ara asked, acting very innocent. 

"Never mind." Daphne signed. She then turned back to 'posh Daphne Greengrass mode' and strode off. Ara knew that she would go and cry in the bathroom at the fact that Draco didn't like her back. So, Ara returned to Kai and gave her the hairs.

"Thanks, Ara. You really are the best." Kai said, hugging her friend. 

"No worries, ask me anytime, it was actually quite satisfactory to rip out her hair. After all, she fancies my brother, who hates her and already has a crush on someone." Ara returned the hug. 

Kai then strode off to the 2nd floor and Ara dragged her brother along to the Slytherin common room, making up some very realistic excuses as to why he should come.