My hand comes to my head as I try to numb the pain. Why did he have to do this? Why does he force his feelings on me? Why cant he just leave me? 

The only thing that repeats in my head is Brielle's name, her safety; nothing else.

I hear a sound causing me to raise my head to see Dorian inside the room. He smiles at me lightly but I can't return it to him. Not when his friend is the one messing with my head. Not to forget if it weren't for Dorian he would have never known I had moved in the first place. If he hadn't told him I would have never been taken by Arosio in the first place.

There's anger in me with all of them but above that anger is the worry for my best friend.

"Dorian give me your phone once." I ask and he gives it to me without question, "Can you give me some privacy?" He leaves after looking at me with.....what? Pity? Worry? Or what is it? Perhaps, hate. It's as if they hate me with everything in their guts and want to see me in misery.

"Hello." A soft female voice says.

"Mom," I say clutching the hospital gown.

"Roselyn, when will you come to visit my baby? I returned here today. " She says, which explains why she picked up Ryan's phone. I called him thinking he might know some way out of this, but after hearing my mother's voice, I knew I couldn't tell them the truth. I dragged Brielle into this. I can't do the same for my brother and mother. If I could go back, I wouldn't have ever called Brielle. Never. Not when I knew calling her would put not only mine but her life in danger. She had said we were saved by a man that night when we had escaped. If it weren't for that man, both me and Brielle would have been taken. It was fortunate that I was not taken with her, else how could I ever save her?

"Maybe after a few days, mom. Where's Ryan? "

"He's in his room showering. Did you like the studs that I sent you? "

"Yes, it was beautiful," I reply, thinking about the time when I was younger. Life was so much simpler. I had no care in the world. None at all.

"I'm glad you liked it, baby. I designed it myself. Do you know my friend who is a jeweler? She helped me design it. " She says this with excitement clear in her voice. How could I ever put my mother's life in danger when all my life she has done nothing but shower me with love? I wish dad was here, but he's not.

I choke on the air as I cry.

"What happened honey?" She probes and I know she is already starting to worry about me. That's how she is. She becomes happy easily and it is the same with every emotion.

"I miss you, mom," I tell her wiping my tears. I hate myself for crying all the time. And I hate it more since Brielle always told me to not cry. However, she is not here right now to say those words. I don't even know if she is safe.

"Ah... baby. I miss you more. Forget it. Ryan said you haven't started working, so come back tomorrow. You know the way home. Bring Brielle as well. I feel like I haven't seen you in ages, my little Roselyn. " I know the way home. But I don't know if I'll ever go back. Even if I do, I'll never be the same. What will I tell her? She always knows when I'm lying.

"I'll be there after a few days, mom. Take care of yourself. I have to go. "

"Take care sweetie." I cut the call. It's a surprise she didn't continue her talks, she must have been tired from traveling.

Talking to mom made me think about Brielle's mom. Even she has always shown me love and kindness and here because of me, her daughter is in danger.

Why?

Why did I even have to meet him in the first place?

What kind of chance is this?

A chance that leads to nothing but pain.