Chapter 1

Chapter 1 – Home isn't my home

Walking into his brother's home, Alexander hasn't spoken a word in the past three days. He hasn't shed a tear nor shown any emotion. He was cold, frozen to be precise. Nothing in this moment could give him the warmth that he needed more than him. He wanted him here, forever. He wanted to see him rise and soar. He wanted to be his hero. Now, it's all gone. Every memory, withering away. The bond, broken. His heart, black as tar. He didn't feel alive. He didn't feel anything much these days, well, except for rage. His mind was screaming. Screaming to release this catastrophic energy building inside of him.

"C'mon AJ, you gotta eat." His brother, Roman placed the plate of food in front of him. He looked down at AJ and saw someone he didn't recognize. His brother was officially lost and in this moment, he couldn't be found. It was as if his soul was taken and he was an empty corpse.

Heels clicking on the hardwood floor, AJ turned his head and looked at his wife with dull eyes. She started back at him, guilt washing her body like rainfall. He shook his head and got up from the table.

"I'll be back." He walked pass his wife as she tried to reach for his arm but he pulled away from her before she could get the chance. "Just...don't." That was the first time in the past three days anyone has heard any emotion from him and you'd think it would be a sound of happiness but instead, it was the sound of a broken little boy.

"I didn't mean for this to happen!" She yelled after him but he kept on walking until he was no longer in the house. She looked down, letting the tears fall from her eyes. "I didn't mean for this." She whispers to herself, wiping the tears that feel too rapidly for her to keep up with.

Waiting, waiting, waiting and more waiting. Sasha has had enough of the foolishness. She quickly grabbed her things and made her way out of the private restaurant and into the mid-night streets of Virginia. She looked around before making her journey down the sidewalk, questions racing through her head as to why he didn't show up.

Waiting for four and a half hours was just down right rude. She couldn't understand why he just couldn't follow through with his end of the bargain. She sacrificed this entire week of work just to be stood up, several times again. It was getting tiring, boring, just plane ole dumb. She could've been in Milan on a yacht, being served top quality wine with a side of crackers, grapes and the best cheese they had to offer. Instead, she thought of being the perfect woman just to be reminded why she doesn't fuck with men. As the wind blew through her hair, she started to feel a little cold but didn't let it faze her. Time passed and she found herself on a brightly lit road. A few feet away she saw a couple posing in front of a rose wall with glooming smiles on their faces.

She smiled, but it quickly went away as soon as she started to reminisce about the way her relationship used to be. The way it was from the beginning was just pure love and enjoyment. Now, she had no idea where they were or how they stood with each other.

"Sasha why you looking at them like that?" She turned round seeing her best friend Taliyah and her boyfriend, Kai, staring at her with smirks on their faces. She looked back at the couple seeing them walking away then back at her friends, quickly putting a smile on her face. She wasn't expecting to see neither of them during her stay here. Last time she talked to her she was in LA helping Sasha pack.