Danger

"Tim needs to see you in his office," John walked up to me, I felt like shit. The nightmares have been getting worse and the sleep even, less. I manage to hide them from Tim but I'm not sure how. Something about the plan to take down the Bragas and find the mole is not setting right with me. "You look like shit Luce. Kids not letting you sleep?" He laughs lightly.
"Yeah, little Logan," I give him a half smile and walk to the office.
I find Tim with a folder on his desk and a pissed off face. I shut the door and step a little closer to his desk.
"You have a new Rookie, transfer. Lots of complaints but none were found so they just transferred him. I don't like this but the Captain said he was yours." I open my mouth a little and close it. "I think this is fishy. But I pushed off him coming here for a week. He seems clean. Hasn't been spotted with anyone related to any gangs. But, they could be expecting us to do this."  He closes the file and walks closer to me. "You know what I'm going to IA and taking your rookie." He goes to walk past me but I step in front of him.
"No your not. Your not blowing the operation. If he's a dirty cop I can handle myself." I snap.
"Lucy, I know you've been having nightmares. Look how tired you are. Your not on your game." He grabs my hands.
"Tim stop coddling me." I snapped and pulled my hands away and stomped off to the shop.
"Let's go, boot." I get in the car and he gets in beside me.
"Hi, I'm your rookie, Dan Simpson." He smiled and I looked him over. Tall, short brown hair, build like Jackson's. I can work with this.
"Officer Bradford. Listen, I don't care about what happened at your old station. But you so much as make one fatal slip up your out of here. I didn't choose you I was stuck with you. Do you hear me?" We start our patrol.
"Yes ma'am. I won't disappoint you."
The day was quiet we had 2 arrests and wrote 3 tickets Simpson wasn't stupid. But he was definitely not friendly. But we all know my personality he'll be a badass softie by the time he's done! He is my Rookie after all.
When I arrive home Tim had beat me there and Angela was at the house along with 2 cop cars. I ran in the house instantly worrying something happened.
"What's going on!"I fling the door open and look around and Tim is holding Logan is on his lap. Angela is talking with 2 cops.
"Calm down, everyone's okay. But we're going to have to keep 2 officers here at all times. The. Bragas are after us. Particularly Colby."
"What... what do you mean." I feel my chest get heavy thinking of my kids being danger because of my job. Because of me. Again.
"Where is Lila!" I frantically look around.
Tim grabs my shoulders to stop me, "Shhh she's okay she's in the other room with Westley."
"Calm down. I know I'm fucking pissed to. But we have to stay level headed and make a plan to put him behind bars. He's pissed we caught him with his mole. They know. IA is on the this. They are combing every file of every person that made it into the academy since Adams has been in control. They are going to make sure we are ALL safe." Tim had handed Logan to Angela and was now holding my shoulders looking into my eyes showing me that he is confident. But I'm not buying... when Nolan was greenlit by a gang things didn't end well. Our Captain was shot and killed after they were tortured... the thought of my kids being at risk of that sickened me. Thinking of what Tim and I went through sickened me... this is why I am a police officer. And being put in these situations come with the job when you take the high risk calls. That's why certain officers don't do what Tim and I do...
"How do you know this? Did they do something to the house or say something?" I ask him. He lets go of my shoulders and reached for Logan.
"Watch this..." Angela pulls out her phone and shows me a video of Colby on screen.
"You messed with my operation. I mess with your family." He holds up a picture of us all right after Logan was born. And my stomach does a whole flip.
"I want people from our circle here... I don't want Lila scared. She's been through enough." Tim's eyes flashed with sadness and then back to determination. "I'm not working... I'm also staying home with them. I don't care. No one will protect them better than me." I look between Tim and Angela.
"You heard the lady." She says looking at the two officers standing in there. Officers Reagan and Officer Miller, good by the book officers as far as I know but I don't trust anyone that I don't know right now.
"I'll call Jackson and Nolan. Tell them to leave the Rookies out of it. Then tomorrow we will have Bishop and Nyla come during the day. Okay? We will keep your kids safe. We will put all of the LAPDS efforts into this." Angela shoots me her signature smile and then looks at Tim.
"I'm going to go see Lila. Tim can you make sure all the windows are locked and call the security company to come install window sensors. Immediately. Pull the Officer card if you have to." I grab Logan from his arms and pull him close to me breathing in his scent and immediately calming down.
"Of course." He smiles a weak smile at me and I go to Lilas room.

***Tims POV***
As I am walking around locking all the windows I can't stop seeing how scared Lucy is and seeing her love for our children. Lucy was meant to be a mother. Don't get me wrong she is an incredible cop but she is a true mom. Her kids are her world... I still want to ask her to stay home and never go back to being a police officer but i know she would feel unsatisfied with life and part of her will resent it. I honestly am relieved she wants to stay home and protect the kids herself.
"I want an officer around back as well. Tamara has a window. Send me a list of potentials I'll tell you I trust. For now I want Smitty. I know he's lax but I trust him to guard a door to my house and not be dirty." I looked at Angela.
"I'll make it happen. We have teams looking into CIs that know what he's planning. And a cop on his tail... we can't arrest him yet but we'll get something."
"Thanks." I sat down on the couch and ran my hands through my hair.
"Hey, calm down. You guys will be okay." Angela sat beside me and put a hand on my shoulder.
"I hate seeing her like that. Reminds me of when she was in a dark place. I don't know how much stress like this she can handle. Part of me wants to ask her to step back and focus on being a mom. But I know how much she loves being an officer and she's one of the best. I'm not being bias either. She goes into every call with confidence and she knows her shit." I smile thinking about the time she did a take down from the roof of a truck in her Rookie days and how proud she looked. "Then theres Mom Lucy. She's a wonderful mother, patient, kind, and the look of love on her face for her children. They need her. I know she's kicking herself for this. She's been on me about trying to stay out of situations like this." I shook my head in defeat.
"Tim Lucy can do both. Things like this are going to happen. I mean I was kidnapped by a drug lord on my wedding day and almost ready to pop. And I made it through it my kid made it through it. I just try not to get involved in the gang and high risk cases. Just from now on both of you. Stay away from gangs and sireal killers in the spotlight." She chuckled a little and I smiled softly.
"Hey you two won't let anything happen to those kids. You know this time. The other times something bad happened you had no clue. We all got this. Every officer on the force is looking out for you. And there is a hell of a lot more good guys than bad."
"Tell Lucy that..." I shake my head and look towards Lilas room.

Once everyone was settled in for the night Lucy and I laid in bed. She brought Lilas bed in here and out a pack n play up for Logan. Tim and Jackson were on duty in the living room.
"Lucy, I know your scared. But don't check out on me." I rolled over and placed my hand around her hips.
"I'm not Tim. I just feel like I keep putting the kids in situations that they shouldn't ever be in." She rolls around to look at me and I start into her chocolate brown eyes.
"You know I'm not saying you have to but no one would think twice about it if you decided to stay home with the kids for good."
"No I love being a cop. I know this comes with it, but it sucks."
"Okay I just Wanted you to know it is an option." I kissed her forehead and she smiled.
"Thank you." She snuggled into my chest.
"Try and get some sleep. Tim and Jackson are here and I gave Angela a list of officers I trust to patrol the streets around here. We are safe." I ran my hand through her hair and said a silent prayer I was right.