Halloween (E)

Modern AU
Eren's POV

It's a good thing that my mother wasn't home to see the absolute carnage we've done to the house tonight. A sea of lilac Solo cups and paper plates in the shapes of jack'o'lanterns and witch hats smudged with pastries and condiments scattered the downstairs floor. Streamers of blood orange and noir hung from archways and walls now dangling by a thread or ripped down completely to join the shambles on the floor. The Halloween music once blasting from the TV before was turned down, still humming out selections from The Rocky Horror Picture Show (not my personal pick...). All the furniture in the living room must have moved at least an inch in different directions because I feel so discombobulated just standing and observing the room.

We each assigned ourselves jobs to tackle: Armin collected the plates, cups, and silverware while Mikasa cleaned up the kitchen, and I had already finished cleaning the bathroom. Now that there wasn't a party to entertain, all my focus could go to Armin.

As I walked out of the bathroom with my Spiderman suit tossed over my shoulder, I saw Armin struggling to reach one of the streamer chunks I hung up on the wall. Given he was facing away from me, I leisurely crept up behind him, the creaky floor deafened by the music. Putting my hands on my hips, I couldn't help but smirk at the blond's troubles since he was a couple inches too short to reach the streamers, thank god, because it's amusing to watch him dance on his toes like this. But this also gave me time to look him down a bit, seeing that his last minute costume wasn't very efficient and that it was hang by threads, quite literally.

He decided to wrap himself loosely in cheese cloth which hung down his body in fine, one inch stripes. It looked like if I grasped one piece and yanked real hard, I could definitely get this makeshift mummy to do a little twirl for me. Under the cloth was his favorite knitted navy sweater that teased the thought of showing his bare skin underneath. Guess he assumed his costume would cover that up since I know he'd usually wear an undershirt with that sweater. His legs were hugged by a pair of light blue skinny jeans, a walnut belt hugged around his waist. And under the cuff of his jeans were some mismatched socks: one orange one that had little black bats scattered all over and the other was a pair from his Captain America socks. Rarely does he ever mismatch, but he kept insisting how much of a rush he was in getting here so Mikasa could do his hair that I decided not to tease him for it.

"I'm going to have to jump for this one, aren't I?" I could hear him mumble under his breath. Broken out of my admiration for his looks, I immediately got an idea in how I could use one of Spiderman's quotes effectively, which I've been dying all night to do. I reached out and grasped for a large section of his cheese cloth on his back and gave him a little yank backwards, my arm cradled around him so he wouldn't fall. The blond let out a sharp gasp "Woah! E-Eren, you—!" But before he could finish, I reached up the wall and tore down the section on streamers he struggled to get with great ease, soon placing it into his palms with a little pat on the back and a playful smile. "Just your friendly, neighborhood Spiderman here to save the day."

The blond's face morphed from surprise to a squashed smile, his brows furrowing as he let out a scoff. "That line would of worked better if you still had the suit on, Spiderman." He rolled his eyes at me as his gaze trailed away from my grasp, causing me to get all smiley at how genuinely flustered he looked. I found that the tension in my shoulders I've held subconsciously now dropped, flirting back "I mean, I'll put it back on for you if you dig the suit." I grabbed the suit again and waggled it in front of the blond who promptly rejected my arm away.

"No, no. I think I was tortured enough tonight." Armin sarcastically chuckled, seemingly snapping himself out of what looked like this preoccupied state he had within himself. Like he was on some other planet, just for a moment. "Tell me what's going on in that head of yours..."